feature requests

Whose signature is this? (Comic Book Forums)

• Whose signature is this?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 19, 2017 6:23:25 pm
  • that kinda looks like a pen test to me...looking at the contribs it doesnt resemble any of the main 4 i can confirm

Mark Nelson (Cover/Pencils)
    Randy Stradley (Editor)
    Mark Verhaiden (Scripts)
    Willie Schubert (Letters)

The only other 2 it could possibly be would be the Inker and/or Colorist which i think Mark Nelson May have been both but cannot confirm... although a thought came to me...i was at Detroit Fanfare back in 2010 and an artist i didnt recognize was selling signed books of Land of the Dead comics. I was sure he hadnt had anything to do with the book so i asked him why he was selling these books with his signiture...apparently because they printed an ad or art piece in the book that he did...which brings me back around and if it is indeed a signature maybe theres something else in the book that can help you...it does look like its signed on the inside...

Another thing you can do is cross reference with the cast of the movie...thatd be a cool find if that was the case...lol

Last edited March 19, 2017 6:27:22 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 19, 2017 8:40:26 pm
  • Not sure either, but a way I found a sigature for a guy a few weeks ago was go to all the creators Facebook/twitter pages and see if you can find it or if you're on twitter or FB just ask.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 20, 2017 11:12:31 am
  • Can it be an actor's Sig? You might want to check that out tooNeutral
    SPOON!!! - The Tick
  • Posted: March 20, 2017 1:09:44 pm
  • Thanks for the reply so far. This was at a Dallas con. It is a signature and one of the creators. I'll check their Facebook accounts or Google.

Last edited March 20, 2017 1:21:13 pm
    CLASSIC SIGNED COMICS ON EBAY! http://bit.ly/vCaTGQ
  • Posted: March 20, 2017 2:25:51 pm
  • I thought that sig looked familiar...I have a copy of Aliens that he signed.
    I did see his sig on a piece here - https://twitter.com/hashtag/MarkANelson?src=hash
    and it didn't look like it...

Last edited March 20, 2017 2:32:52 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 20, 2017 3:25:21 pm
  • Apparently he has had various signatures over the years.
  • Posted: March 20, 2017 3:52:54 pm
  • ha...well glad i dont proclaim to be a signature expert lol...its funny a couple weeks ago i had Keith Pollard sign a book for me and it literally took 15 minutes...each letter written so slowly. kinda what id expect from an artist lol...this one he just scribbles it down and next lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 21, 2017 11:06:06 am
  • It also depends on how many people are in line. ;-)
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 18
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Chopping Block Issue # 5b
  • Bad Dog Books's Fang Soft Cover # 11
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 13