feature requests

Effect on grade for comic with missing page (Comic Book Forums)

• Effect on grade for comic with missing page

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 7, 2016 10:12:12 am
  • Hi Everyone!

I recently received a comic via ebay (Tales of Suspense 59)and sadly found a story page missing. I did contact the seller to resolve the issue. The book with page intact would be 3.5-4.5 based on my estimate with a decent condition cover. I never asked about missing pages as the seller disclosed a couple of small pen marks in the interior pages so i made the assumption it was checked out and complete. Normally I'd not consider buying an incomplete book.

My question is what grade would it drop to with a page missing? I want to send it back but he might be willing to give me a discount to just keep it. I was thinking .5-1.5. If that was the case I'd offer a third of what I paid. It'll still display nicely (and I assume Iron Man wins in the last page) but I'm not keeping it for what I paid. Especially if I bought a nicer one and resold this I wouldn't get my money back out of it with the missing page (and wouldn't keep from disclosing that from a buyer).

Sorry about lack of photos but I didn't take any yet.
  • Posted: November 8, 2016 1:28:52 am
  • According to the tool I use for comic book grading the page missing would drop the book to a 1.5 no matter whether the rest of the book is 3.0 or 5.0 or anywhere in between so i would suggest using that grade to negotiate a better price. Best of luck with it!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: November 8, 2016 12:07:49 pm
  • Thanks. Still sorting it out. Sent pictures showing clearly where the page was torn out.

I'll post the outcome when it's all said and done. Maybe it'll be my chance to impart some wisdom to other respective buyers!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's 7174AD Issue # 1
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1h
  • Search Press's Step-By-Step Manga TPB # 1
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5d