feature requests

Flash 123 (Comic Book Forums)

• Flash 123

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 31, 2016 11:54:53 am
  • Hello! So I broke down and finally bought a book I've wanted for quite some time. I was wondering thoughts on the grade based on the pictures I have from the ebay auction. I thought 2.0 as it has a split but that cover looks like it'll display nicely so maybe that bumps it up a little. I don't mind a lower grade as long as it'll look nice displayed and I don't overpay lol.

• Posted: October 31, 2016 1:38:11 pm
  • I know the photos aren't stellar. I'll post better ones when this comes int he mail. I'm stoked to get it but it'll be a couple weeks.
  • Posted: October 31, 2016 3:28:12 pm
  • Outside of that spine split, this looks really nice. And a great book to have in your collection. If the cover is still attached at both staples, which looks to be the case, I think a 3.0 isn't out of the question. Remember, I am not a professional grader, and I can easily be off by a grade or more.
  • Posted: October 31, 2016 4:09:37 pm
  • Thanks Bobarian!

It was tough finding one I could afford with good eye appeal. So many low grade ones have tons of stains and creases. My criteria is it should look good on the wall and it should be sturdy enough to have a quick read as well Very Happy
  • Posted: October 31, 2016 9:13:54 pm
  • I may have been a little generous in my initial grade of a 3.0 for your book. Usually, I tend to be more conservative in my grading, so I'd feel a little better by evaluating it as a least a 2.0 with excellent eye appeal. It wouldn't surprise me if it got a grade of at least a 2.5 from someone else.
  • Posted: November 1, 2016 1:46:20 am
  • I believe, like the Bobarian states, this is a case of a book that can be graded no higher than 2.0 but has excellent eye appeal. It definitely meets your criterion imo and is a great find. Should look great on your wall, congrats!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: November 2, 2016 11:31:18 am
  • Thanks Guys! Can't wait to get it in the mail. Looking like it's the end of the month as it's coming from Europe.

I also have a bunch of comics coming to me on Sunday (a few bought sight unseen). I've had a bunch over the past 6 months shipped to my girlfriend's friends' place in the US. A few ebay lots and from other sources. So check back Sunday and I'll post what I got. I know there's a first appearance of Deathstroke, Red Hood and Jarvis in the pile. Fingers crossed for NM condition Cool
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica Decades: The 1970s TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 39b
  • Red 5 Comics's Lead City TPB # 1
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 11