feature requests

Batman 227 (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman 227

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 22, 2016 11:59:58 pm
  • Hello! I was wondering if I could get your guys thoughts on the grade of this bad boy. I've used a couple grading programs and been hyper critical and I think I know where it falls. This one was hard to find in an affordable grade that still had lots of pop (as the cover is so dark). Looks great on my wall but just curious what people think. Thanks!

• Posted: September 23, 2016 1:01:14 am
  • Without seeing the back cover or the staples at the center spread, it looks to be about a 6.0 to me. Remember, I am not a professional grader so I could easily be off by a grade or more.
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 2:25:34 am
  • Like Bobbo I am far from a professional grader so take this for what it is worth. From what I can see I would rate this book either a 6.5 or 7.0. Either way color me green with envy!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 3:39:07 am
  • Reeeaaal nice! I'd grade that at about a 6.0. Nice find!
    "In times like these it's good to remember that there has always been times like these..."
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 7:24:52 am
  • 6.0-6.5 IMO. Still has nice color. Older black covers are hard to find in decent shape
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 10:36:45 am
  • Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. It does help so I can double check my assessment and get better at grading (and avoid overpaying).

What do people think about the pence stamp? I have a few older Batman comics (nothing as key as this) with excellent eye appeal but they were from England. It doesn't bug me and I kind of like the thought they were shipped from North America 40 or so years ago then survived the trek back. How does it affect the overall grade?
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 11:03:00 am

• It doesn't affect it to my knowledge. It's not a store or personal stamp or anything.
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 12:57:46 pm
  • I just put an otherwise perfect imaginary comic through the grading tool with the only flaw being a small price stamp, just like the one on this comic and it came up with a grade of 9.2, so it seems there is a little hit to you on having a date stamp. On the other hand, if it doesn't bug you then you get a better deal on the book as it is downgraded a little saving you a few bucks!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 2:39:21 pm
  • If it only takes it down a 10th of a point no big deal. If it's a 6.5, I don't think that would put it to a 6.0 IMO.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 5e
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Sleepover Issue # 1stadium-c
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Untold Destiny of the Foot Clan Issue # 2ri
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4big wave