feature requests

Green Lantern 76 (Comic Book Forums)

• Green Lantern 76

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 20, 2016 3:46:33 pm
  • My local comic shop is selling this copy of Green Lantern 76. What condition or grade do you think this in? There is slight water damage in the top right corner on the front cover and some water damage on the back left corner.

I'm not a fan of water damage, but should I get this for $200?

This is the best I could do for pics.

Last edited September 20, 2016 3:48:34 pm
  • Posted: September 20, 2016 5:14:16 pm
  • That looks like a good price to me. IMO, that book will keep it's value even if the other Adams books cool off. Major key for GL and DC. You could argue that this comic is the start of the Bronze Age, although I've also heard Conan #1.
    Visit Still Only 35 Cents at https://www.ebay.com/usr/stillonly35cents!
    Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stillonly35cents/
  • Posted: September 20, 2016 5:54:22 pm
  • GL #76 will always keep it's value. $200 seems like a lot right now but the book will keep going up.
  • Posted: September 21, 2016 2:33:06 am
  • Putting what I could make out of your scan of the cover through the grading tool gave it a grade of 2.5, which makes the market value around $230.00 so the price seems pretty accurate. And Mr. Han is right - this is a key book that will always keep its value and continue to go up.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 21, 2016 3:04:04 am
  • i'd get it without hesitation at that price.
  • Posted: September 21, 2016 8:21:07 am
  • There's a couple on Ebay that look good for a little less. Is your LCS firm on the price? Cash in hand speaks better than promises. Wouldn't hurt to try if you really want it.
  • Posted: September 21, 2016 8:28:13 am
  • thanks for all the responses.

I REALLY want to get it, but my hesitation and real hang up is the water damage. The water damage is really confined to the corners. The good thing is the cover has real nice color and pop to it.

Am I being too picky and should just suck it up and get it or wait for a another copy w/o water damage?

Also, I tried negotiating a lower price, but it is $200 firm.

Last edited September 21, 2016 8:29:24 am
  • Posted: September 21, 2016 8:43:51 am
  • If the books been there a while, I'd shop around briefly. But not too long where it might get sold underneath your nose.
    I agree with your desire though. I get the same way when I see a book I want.
  • Posted: September 22, 2016 12:02:09 pm
  • One thing I've done if bought a lower grade issue for a good price. Found a far better one and bought it as an upgrade and sold the lower grade (for a touch more than I paid). Doesn't always work out so nicely (nor do I always have the cash flow to facilitate). I'd only do that with key issues that always sell (mine was Batman 227). This issue is a great key so it'll always have a buyer.
  • Posted: September 22, 2016 4:27:07 pm
  • Nice pickup!

Is the poster in 181 the centre most pages? That would explain the amount of copies I've seen arounds "missing centre pages". Though up here in Canada they still want $300 - $350 for it if it has any eye appeal on the cover. @ $80 I'd bite too.
  • Posted: September 22, 2016 4:27:53 pm
  • Congrats on both! Applause
    What finally convinced you to go for it?
    What's your next future "grail" book?
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 2:18:31 am
  • Congratulations! Enjoy your books!! Very Happy
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 23, 2016 10:08:08 am
  • I will definitely enjoy these books, thank you!

I ended up getting it b/c the colors on the cover were really crisp & bright. Also, if I passed on this I would have regretted it. Not very often you find and have opportunity to get a GL 76 from a LCS.

My next book I want is Amazing Spiderman 50.

I am also looking for Amazing Spiderman 119, 121 & 122, Batman 200, 227 & 232, Daredevil 158, Detective Comics 400 & 405
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Black Label's Batman: White Knight Presents - Generation Joker Hard Cover # 1
  • Sam B. Anson's Santa's Secrets Issue nn
  • Search Press's Step-By-Step Manga TPB # 1
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 102b