feature requests

The New 52: Futures End #48 1:50 Incentive Variant (Comic Book Forums)

• The New 52: Futures End #48 1:50 Incentive Variant

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 8:29:09 pm
  • Found in a half-off bin at LCS for $5 some time ago. Only incentive variant I own and would like to get any sort of input on its grade. Wasn't planning on selling it but would like to know what it could possibly be worth anyways. I know little about grading standards but based on a couple of websites I have it listed as a 6.5 in my pile.

In the third image, the top left panel is what you're looking at. Notice the purplish streak in the first speech bubble (this is why my attempt at a grade started as low as it did). Thanks in advance and if any additional details could help please let me know.

http://i.imgur.com/QtcHwSM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J4fD0c8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fo7oAzi.jpg
    COMBO PACK - Digital Copy Inside!
  • Posted: September 1, 2016 2:33:55 am
  • Based on what I can see from your scans I would estimate you have graded your comic a bit tougher than what it deserves. My best guess right now would be around 8.0 to 8.5, but do mind I am the farthest thing you can find from a professional grader.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 1, 2016 3:25:14 am
  • Looking at the scans I thought it would be around a 7.5 - 8.0. But also, not a pro grader over here...
    "In times like these it's good to remember that there has always been times like these..."
  • Posted: September 1, 2016 8:54:50 am
  • Appreciate the replies guys. I'm considering professional grading for this, is there any particular service that comes recommended or is it just what works best for you (in my case it'd be the one with the cheapest service)?
    COMBO PACK - Digital Copy Inside!
  • Posted: September 20, 2016 5:15:10 pm
  • MyNameIsNotJohn said:
    Appreciate the replies guys. I'm considering professional grading for this, is there any particular service that comes recommended or is it just what works best for you (in my case it'd be the one with the cheapest service)?

It's a great find for sure at that price. It's an awesome cover! I'm not sure I'd worry about getting it professionally graded (ie CGC) as it'll cost possibly more than the comic's worth. Put it up on the wall or something and enjoy it Smile
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Dudley Datson and the Forever Machine Issue # 1d
  • Titan Comics's Rebel Moon: House of the Bloodaxe Issue # 2 - 2nd print
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Woman Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's The Spectacular Spider-Men Issue # 2b