feature requests

Captain Marvel Vol.1 #1 (Comic Book Forums)

• Captain Marvel Vol.1 #1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 25, 2015 12:10:49 pm
  • I'm not a grader, but if you want you can use this handy tool - http://www.e-bigs.net/freetool.php

After going over this site you'll see why grading is so subjective
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 25, 2015 6:20:52 pm
  • I've never heard of Premiere #22, but Captain Marvel's first appearance was in Marvel Super-Heroes #12.

Your book looks like a 5.5-6.0 to me.
  • Posted: December 26, 2015 3:56:58 am
  • I put what I could see from this distance of your book through the online grading tool I have (possibly the same one that Canuck suggested) and it spit out a grade of 4.5. I am by no means an expert, and I am not holding your book in my hands so take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited December 26, 2015 3:57:25 am
    Tenzil
  • Posted: December 26, 2015 4:04:43 am
  • Indeed, that must be MSH #12!

Thanks for your answer guys! So if I sum up, I guess this won't go better than 6 right? Be using Canuck's tool and being really severe, I have 4 and this is heartbreaking!

Unless i'ts secret, what's your tool, Tenzil?
  • Posted: December 27, 2015 3:37:16 am
  • No secret, I'm just not good at links. I clicked on the one Canuck provided and it is the same one. A very useful tool, and yes, I am afraid that the grading tools do not lie. Even a 6.0 grade is probably more than you can hope for. I learned my lesson the hard way when I sent in five books to be graded, thinking each looked nearly flawless and would all be certainly 9.4 or higher, and the best of them came in at 9.0, the lowest 8.0. It's still a book many collectors would love to have, so you have that going for it! Best of luck to you with it blustorm.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: February 26, 2016 12:11:00 am
  • I know I'm late to the party on this, but I'd probably grade it at a 4.0 at best for a couple reasons:

First – without any pictures of the back cover, or center spread to see the staples, and the lack of information on the condition of interior pages – I am reluctant to estimate a higher grade.

And second, what I do see – numerous color-breaking spine stress lines, abraded edges with creases, color flecks, corners that are abraded and rounded, and some possible soiling (hard to differentiate if it's on the bag or the book) – all point to a book that is in approximately VG condition.

Please keep in mind that I am not a professional grader and could easily be off one way or the other.
  • Posted: February 28, 2016 11:45:38 am
  • If I'm not mistaken, those holes at the bottom of inside pages are usually caused by grabbers on the printing press during the production process, and would have little to no effect on the grade so long as they are not causing tears or if the book is not in very high condition.

With the new photos you've posted, I'm changing my original estimation from 4.0 to a 5.0 grade.

Once again, I'm not a professional grader so I could easily be off on my estimation. Also, I've been known to be a little too tough grading books, so a slightly higher grade on yours wouldn't surprise me.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 47
  • Panini Books's Doctor Who: Liberation Of The Daleks TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Rogue Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Punk: Arms Race Issue # 2b