feature requests

Marvel Spotlight 28 NM 9.8? (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel Spotlight 28 NM 9.8?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 5, 2013 9:59:56 pm
  • Just back from my LCS and picked up this gem along with #29 in almost as nice of shape. I think this could get a 9.8, what do you think?
    White to off white pages, one minor dimple on top edge above the G and cover is off centre a little.
    Looking for TMNT v1 first prints #3,5,6 Whoo Hoo!!!
    not selling anything
  • Posted: February 6, 2013 1:15:51 pm
  • 9.6 IMO
  • Posted: February 6, 2013 9:18:13 pm
  • It is, of course, hard to tell exactly on the screen, but ...

It looks like the corners are nice and square. The spine looks really nice, but I would need to look up close for any little creases that usually happen there. I see that it has the spray marking on the top edge when the bundle was marked. Is that a tiny ding at the top edge between the s and g, and also a little fold on the right edge by the T. And as you said the cover is off center a bit, but still straight.

I would probably go with a 9.6 also. Some would call it a 9.4 at best.
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 12:35:35 am
  • I have compared this book to 3 other CGC 9.6's that I have, and if it was a modern I would agree, but my bronze 9.6's appear to be a little rougher than this book.
    The ding on the top is there, but does not break colour, and there is not a fold or dimple on or in the book. I would be happy if it graded a 9.6, but I can always hope for better.
    Thanks for your input guys, if I do send this off for slabbing I will now be prepared for anything between 9.4-9.8 when I was sure it was 9.8 before.
    BTW I picked up both books #28 & #29 along with A+X #1f and Invincible #100i for $50. I think that was a steal.

Last edited February 7, 2013 12:36:50 am
    Looking for TMNT v1 first prints #3,5,6 Whoo Hoo!!!
    not selling anything
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 12:11:16 pm
  • 9.4 imo

That ding on the back cover is the killer

cheers
    t
    t

Last edited February 7, 2013 12:12:55 pm
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: February 10, 2013 2:07:27 am
  • Isn't this comic a little off center as well? If so, wouldn't that hurt the grade?
  • Posted: February 10, 2013 8:43:07 am
  • hermanwilliams said:
    Isn't this comic a little off center as well? If so, wouldn't that hurt the grade?

The cover is allowed to be a little off-center. I think maybe a quarter of an inch or so is negligible.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's City Boy TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4illum-b
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 10b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4lab