feature requests

Double Cover (Comic Book Forums)

• Double Cover

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 31, 2010 9:50:50 pm
  • Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how much a double cover adds to a comic? I ask as I have All Star Batman and Robin #10 (uncensored version) with a double cover.

do any of you out there have any double covers and if so what ones?

thanks for any info!
  • Posted: November 1, 2010 12:05:23 am
  • Double covers tend to fetch a little more than market value. The value can vary depending on what title / issue the book is. (ie: you'll probably fetch more money for a double cover Hulk 181 vs your All-Star Batman and Robin 10) Hope that helps you shed some light on the value. There's more to the whole double, triple, even quadriple covers as well, such as, page quality and grade of each cover that may affect value as well.

Latest Pickups:

Journey into Mystery 85          Speed Comics 43          Tales of Suspense 39

Current favorite wall books:

More CGC owned books: http://comicbookrealm.com/view-pic/9920136/413/4189

• Posted: November 6, 2010 7:04:51 am
  • I think decpt nailed it. They are worth allittle more. Also depends on the age.

I have a Batman 46 with a double cover.

tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: June 5, 2011 7:57:45 am
  • I've got a Mother's Oats #1 with a double cover (an old undeground adult comic), and am considering buying a VF+ Hulk 182 with a double cover for $200. Not sure if it's worth that much but I might take a gamble.
  • Posted: June 12, 2011 12:56:36 pm
  • I have a punisher with 2 of the same cover on it. I asked a guy at a store about it once and he said it could be worth more because the inside comic is more protected and could still be considered the cover to the comic. always keeping it in a more mint type condition
  • Posted: April 16, 2013 8:51:04 pm
  • I have an X-factor Volume 1 Number 84 with a double cover. Inside one is shinier and more vibrant, but otherwise, both are in great shape. Doubt it's worth much though.
  • Posted: April 16, 2013 9:42:23 pm
  • Double covers are a very niche collecting area. Some folks don't care spit for them while others have several in their collection. The few that are looking for these special issues will pay a little more to get them.
  • Posted: April 17, 2013 8:04:56 pm
  • Agreed. The value depends a lot on finding the right collector. But generally does not increase the value that much.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: April 18, 2013 2:20:10 pm
  • One really nice thing about double covers.

One on top takes any abuse while other remains in excellent condition.

Would come into play when a truly expensive comic changes hands.

Just a thought.

bless.

Peace.

Wink
  • Posted: June 1, 2013 10:02:08 pm
  • Thanks everybody. I figured as much. And I am sure it also depends on what issue, what happened in it, artists, all that jazz.
    Well, I will sit on it and hope it becomes valuable.
    Have a great summer everyone!
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman Issue # 142 - 3rd print
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 40
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 7
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's The Kingdoms of Ruin Soft Cover # 8