feature requests

How do I earn points? (Comic Book Forums)

• How do I earn points?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 25, 2014 9:13:26 pm
  • josmimeeph said:
    dough boy said:
    Points are earned for the following items:

10 points for submitting an approved cover
    2 points for posting in the forum
    2 points for each information submitted for a comic (date, cover price, contributors, characters, etc.)
    5 points for indexing characters and contributors
    5 points for each of the new social sections (lists, blog, blog comments, picture uploads, etc.)
    10 points for each LCS cataloged in the lcs section
    250 points for each verified referral

Glad I looked in the Forums! Now I know how to earn points!! THANKS CBR!!!

I'm also glad I read the forums. I didn't know how I could use the points I had been earning.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . . only now the toys are more expensive.
  • Posted: August 30, 2014 12:52:33 am
  • kiddoc1997 said:
    IF we submit, ie edit a comic ie enter a date. Do we auto get credit?

dough boy said:
    There is a missing items forum that you can make the request in.

Do we get any credit / points for requests to add any missing series to the database? I put out a request for a comic series to be added and it did get added (thanks for that!), but I see no credit or mention in the history for it and honestly, I am not sure if I got any points for it. Just curious about that.
  • Posted: August 30, 2014 7:00:53 am
  • No, only indexing gets you points as it is tied to your username.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 31, 2014 11:17:27 pm
  • I notice on my profile, it says I have pending points, but no points earned. The pending points gets updated fairly quickly, but when do those points turn into points earned? Is there a time limit as to when that updates or a certain amount of points you must reach first?

Should add that I have been using the site for a week now, but still only have "pending" points. Loving the website by the way, it's got me looking through my old long boxes to see what else I can add to my collection list!

Last edited August 31, 2014 11:45:57 pm
  • Posted: September 1, 2014 7:53:37 am
  • There are a few things at play here.

1. Pending points remain pending until that night when multiples of 10 are processed. So if you have 12 pending points this morning, then tomorrow you will have 2 pending and 10 earned.
    2. Your "my realm" page is cashed for a week. So if you do not make any changes to your profile, or add/remove books from your collection, etc it might show old data for up to 1 week
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
25 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 2
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 10
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 18e