feature requests

How do I earn points? (Comic Book Forums)

  • How do I earn points?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 21, 2013 8:59:55 am
  • What happens if I find a comic that I have that isn't in the system. How do I verify it and how do i get the information in
    tanks
  • Posted: December 21, 2013 9:33:10 am
  • There is a missing items forum that you can make the request in.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

    Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 21, 2013 12:14:58 pm
  • Manbat said:
    dough boy said:
    Points are earned for the following items:

    10 points for submitting an approved cover
    2 points for posting in the forum
    2 points for each information submitted for a comic (date, cover price, contributors, characters, etc.)
    5 points for indexing characters and contributors
    5 points for each of the new social sections (lists, blog, blog comments, picture uploads, etc.)
    10 points for each LCS cataloged in the lcs section
    250 points for each verified referral



    This is all fine and dandy but for those who joined a little later it is nearly impossible to earn points by adding covers. I will probably never earn enough point to be able to download my collection via CSV once entered. hhhhmmmm.....gotta wonder if I should continue or not.. I mean 7,500 points?? WOW. I will never make that. I guess its on to plan B


    What do you mean download? So much I have no clue about. I have donated twice. I didn't know we could use it for something. I just figured all the work that goes into this deserved a bit of help.
  • Posted: December 21, 2013 2:34:19 pm
  • You can download (export) your collection as often as you want. You just have to unlock this feature...either by donating or earning points.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

    Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 22, 2014 9:06:07 am
  • IF we submit, ie edit a comic ie enter a date. Do we auto get credit?
  • Posted: January 22, 2014 9:28:55 am
  • Yes.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

    Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 26, 2014 9:29:49 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Yes.
    How long should it take for the points to show up in our profile? I added a few dates for the She-Hulk 2004-05 series, but the points didn't show up right away.
  • Posted: March 27, 2014 8:41:28 am
  • The profile screen is cached for up to a week. If you make changes to your collection it will regenerate, or wait until the cache expires
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

    Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 27, 2014 8:51:33 am
  • MJWallwork said:
    dough boy said:
    Yes.
    How long should it take for the points to show up in our profile? I added a few dates for the She-Hulk 2004-05 series, but the points didn't show up right away.


    Okay, that tells me what I needed to know. Thanks
  • Posted: June 12, 2014 12:54:15 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Points are earned for the following items:

    10 points for submitting an approved cover
    2 points for posting in the forum
    2 points for each information submitted for a comic (date, cover price, contributors, characters, etc.)
    5 points for indexing characters and contributors
    5 points for each of the new social sections (lists, blog, blog comments, picture uploads, etc.)
    10 points for each LCS cataloged in the lcs section
    250 points for each verified referral



    Glad I looked in the Forums! Now I know how to earn points!! THANKS CBR!!!
25 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 58 years, 187 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Valiant Entertainment's Bloodshot Issue # 9d
  • Dragon Lady Press's Classic Adventure Strips Issue # 3
  • Western Printing Co.'s March of Comics Issue # 162c
  • Vault Comics's Wasted Space Issue # 17