feature requests

How do I earn points? (Comic Book Forums)

• How do I earn points?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 11, 2009 8:49:42 pm
  • Points are earned for the following items:

10 points for submitting an approved cover
    2 points for posting in the forum
    2 points for each information submitted for a comic (date, cover price, contributors, characters, etc.)
    5 points for indexing characters and contributors
    5 points for each of the new social sections (lists, blog, blog comments, picture uploads, etc.)
    10 points for each LCS cataloged in the lcs section
    250 points for each verified referral

Last edited September 29, 2011 8:19:56 am
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 12, 2009 11:01:36 am
  • dough boy said:
    100 points (too many in my opinion) for each LCS cataloged in the lcs section

I thought you were going to drop this down eventually? Are people still adding them?
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: August 12, 2009 11:07:41 am
  • Handful every now and then.

But I will make it 10 to be more inline with the rest.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: October 17, 2012 3:24:08 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Points are earned for the following items:

10 points for submitting an approved cover
    2 points for posting in the forum
    2 points for each information submitted for a comic (date, cover price, contributors, characters, etc.)
    5 points for indexing characters and contributors
    5 points for each of the new social sections (lists, blog, blog comments, picture uploads, etc.)
    10 points for each LCS cataloged in the lcs section
    250 points for each verified referral

This is all fine and dandy but for those who joined a little later it is nearly impossible to earn points by adding covers. I will probably never earn enough point to be able to download my collection via CSV once entered. hhhhmmmm.....gotta wonder if I should continue or not.. I mean 7,500 points?? WOW. I will never make that. I guess its on to plan B

Last edited October 17, 2012 3:25:28 pm
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: October 17, 2012 3:38:54 pm
  • You could donate $10. 10,000 points. I know it's a bit much for some people, but it's like, 3 books nowadays. Well worth it.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
  • Posted: October 17, 2012 3:54:58 pm
  • Yup...a one time $10 donation would cover it.

• Posted: October 17, 2012 6:14:37 pm
  • joshschr said:
    You could donate $10. 10,000 points. I know it's a bit much for some people, but it's like, 3 books nowadays. Well worth it.

Ok....did not see that. Will do first thing tomorrow. Thx!!!
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: October 18, 2012 11:50:45 am
  • I never could find the original post that stated that. Welcome to the club!
  • Posted: November 7, 2012 6:49:13 am
  • Manbat said:

This is all fine and dandy but for those who joined a little later it is nearly impossible to earn points by adding covers. I will probably never earn enough point to be able to download my collection via CSV once entered. hhhhmmmm.....gotta wonder if I should continue or not.. I mean 7,500 points?? WOW. I will never make that. I guess its on to plan B

7500 points come quicker than you think. I use this handy report all the time:
    http://comicbookrealm.com/report/missing
    This will show you which comics are missing information such as covers, dates, prices, etc. You can fill in what you can and just watch the points accumulate!

And don't be discouraged that there are not enough covers out there to upload. There are still tons of books out there that need covers. Just use that report i linked and it will show you. Most often it will be TPBs and Hard Covers
  • Posted: November 11, 2012 4:24:27 pm
25 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1c
  • D.C. Thomson & Co.'s Commando: For Action and Adventure Issue # 5740
  • Rocky Pond Books's Puzzled Hard Cover # 1
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5