feature requests

Collects/Reprints Include Variants? (Comic Book Forums)

• Collects/Reprints - Include Variants?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 9, 2009 1:20:55 pm
  • I don't, unless the variant has extra content, for example

the first Lady Death series has an encore variant's that have like 10 extra pages it also has two versions of the tpb one reprints the regular issues the other reprints the encore variants.

Plus if you do say a secret invasion TPB you'd have to add 50 books instead of 8

Last edited April 9, 2009 1:21:33 pm
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: April 9, 2009 3:11:41 pm
  • But what if it reprints ALL covers for each issue inside the TPB?
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: April 9, 2009 3:25:30 pm
  • I thought about that earlier. Pretty much it's up to how you guys want to do it I just haven't been doing that mainly because I have know way of knowing if the variant prints are in them or not (which most of the time they are) Unless I own it. It wouldn't hurt if you listed the variants too

Last edited April 9, 2009 3:27:42 pm
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: April 9, 2009 3:29:17 pm
  • Or what if it's a collection of covers that doesn't include the interior art?

I tend to include variants, but I understand either philosophy. If it includes all the variant covers and any extra material, it should definitely include the variants.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: April 9, 2009 3:48:39 pm
  • LOL, im just doing the main series no variants
    , IDW and Dark Horse have at least 2 variants per issueBrick wallBrick wall
    El Blog-o, Read it if you're bored.
    http://immortalfireboy.blogspot.com/

Search & Win
  • Posted: April 9, 2009 3:56:01 pm
  • Oh man if we clean up those tpb and put them all in the series like you hinted at in the other thread I think it will loose the info you entered during the merge, I think

Joshschr does it loose the info or is it just another update lag Eh?

• Posted: April 9, 2009 4:05:17 pm
  • I'll go ahead and add those real quick in the series

17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64c
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64f
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113e
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 84b