feature requests

Whats the email address to submit covers? (Comic Book Forums)

Author Whats the email address to submit covers?
Posted: February 28, 2009 2:56:51 pm
I'm not too PC savvy, but I have a scanner and some covers that aren't on the website and would like to send them in. What's the address?!?! (I can't get the KB size down, jpeg,bmap or otherwise!)
Posted: February 28, 2009 3:37:30 pm
Just scan the cover

then click on the little box next to the issue you want to submit the cover for

click browse

select the file you scanned on your computer

then submit if it meets the size requirements it will give you a preview then click submit

I always submit .jpg files so I don't know about the bitmaps, to get them the right size you'll need a photo editor.
there is some free ones listed in this forum topic

http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/3/18

Last edited February 28, 2009 3:42:56 pm
What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

Posted: March 4, 2009 1:57:32 pm

you can use free image editing software like Paint.net to allow you to resize images and convert between different image types
Posted: June 10, 2009 11:37:49 am
No scanner (yet) - can I submit pics from digital camera?
The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
Posted: June 10, 2009 11:46:34 am
Please no digital camera pics. We can find or scan better images than using a camera. Shame on you
Posted: June 10, 2009 12:56:44 pm
But I has an upmteen megapixel camera that makes super sharp pics... Rolling Eyes
Posted: June 10, 2009 1:03:38 pm

With a scan, the cover will be read by the scanner evenly.

With a camera picture, you'll have trouble with reflection, getting the colours spot, getting the angle correct etc

The rules for the quality of picture here are pretty strict, and I'd doubt you'd be able to get up to that standard with a photograph.
Posted: June 10, 2009 2:52:51 pm
you tell him Paulie

I have submitted many scanned covers over and over again before they were accepted
Posted: June 10, 2009 3:27:31 pm
I have heard that our Mod's are like the cover Nazi's or something like that.

Twisted Evil
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
Posted: June 10, 2009 3:39:41 pm
That's probably why I've never even bothered trying to submit a cover that I scanned myself, even though I own around 50 comics that still need covers submitted.

Plus I can't figure out how to get a decent scan with our scanner. Anxious
Currently Reading:
Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
Posted: June 10, 2009 3:47:00 pm
Just go to places like

http://www.comics.org/index.lasso

or

http://www.comicbookdb.com/index.php
"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"
Posted: June 10, 2009 3:54:19 pm
Psh, you guys don't know how easy you have it. Back when I started, you had to correct cover problems by hand! Or something curmudgeonly like that...
"1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
Posted: June 10, 2009 3:54:30 pm
dough boy said:
I have heard that our Mod's are like the cover Nazi's or something like that.

Twisted Evil

NO SCANS FOR YOU 3 MONTHS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lfZg-apSA
Posted: June 10, 2009 3:55:47 pm
joshschr said:
Psh, you guys don't know how easy you have it. Back when I started, you had to correct cover problems by hand! Or something curmudgeonly like that...

in the snow, uphill both ways, using only charcoal and tree bark
Posted: June 10, 2009 4:00:55 pm
Actually back then we didn't even have covers for our comics Laughing
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Posted: June 10, 2009 4:20:59 pm
I used this little piece of software back in 1996ish. You had to use BMP file pics with it. Blah. Sick

Posted: June 10, 2009 4:31:28 pm
mattcoffeeman said:
That's probably why I've never even bothered trying to submit a cover that I scanned myself, even though I own around 50 comics that still need covers submitted.

Plus I can't figure out how to get a decent scan with our scanner. Anxious

here's a little tip for you....

I scan my covers at 300 dpi, then use paint.net (similar to photoshop but free) to resize the image and adjust the resolution downwards. I normally go down to 200 dpi.

I don't know why, but this gets you a nice clean image...
Posted: June 10, 2009 6:30:31 pm
I scan at 300dpi but then resize the image to 500x760 pixels while leaving it at 300dpi.

Example:

http://www.comiccovers.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/mr_hero_14.jpg
Posted: June 10, 2009 11:01:17 pm
Rocket2600 said:
I scan at 300dpi but then resize the image to 500x760 pixels while leaving it at 300dpi.

Example:

http://www.comiccovers.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/mr_hero_14.jpg

Okay, I'm not adjusting resolution anymore, only the size. That cover looks amazing Anxious:

Posted: June 15, 2009 11:02:39 am
I guess a good enough reason to go ahead and get a scanner..

Oh and by the way, some early fanzines (and I did one myself for a couple issues in 1964) did covers that were handtraced (usually over a light bulb with glass over cover) onto mimeograph paper. Hmmm, wonder if that is in the Smithsonian now...
Posted: June 15, 2009 11:11:37 am
Go for an all in one printer. I usually get mine around Christmas as you can find some deals.

But I just looked at Target.com and they have several under $70.

http://www.target.com/b/ref=nav_t_spc_11_22/186-7390258-0605730?ie=UTF8&node=323948011

Posted: June 15, 2009 12:07:33 pm
Spa-fon said:
I guess a good enough reason to go ahead and get a scanner..

Oh and by the way, some early fanzines (and I did one myself for a couple issues in 1964) did covers that were handtraced (usually over a light bulb with glass over cover) onto mimeograph paper. Hmmm, wonder if that is in the Smithsonian now...

i didn't realise the old light box trick was around that long ago....
Posted: June 15, 2009 12:26:18 pm
LOL. Yup. For those unfamiliar with mimeograph, it was bascially an ink transfer - meaning the machine bled the ink through the traced (or typed on a *gasp* typewriter) to the paper. Worst part was having blackened hands and arms for weeks afterward. Darn stuff just didn't wash off.

I think I sold my first fanzine issue for a grand $1.00, with an All Star 33 cover repro. Sold a whopping 4 issues too. Probably a super rare issue now, especially since I didin't even keep a copy! Brick wall
Posted: July 28, 2012 4:25:13 pm
Rattlehead79 said:

then click on the little box next to the issue you want to submit the cover for

What if there is no listing for the cover you want to submit?
I've come across about 13 price cover variants for Captain America (high 200s to early 300s).

Jay
Happy Harbor Comics
10729-104 Ave, Edmonton
2007 Shuster Winner for Canada's Best Comic Store
Posted: July 28, 2012 4:31:05 pm
You make a submission in the Missing Items Forum for the Mods to consider adding it.

Posted: July 28, 2012 4:58:00 pm
dough boy said:
You make a submission in the Missing Items Forum for the Mods to consider adding it.

Thank you.
Happy Harbor Comics
10729-104 Ave, Edmonton
2007 Shuster Winner for Canada's Best Comic Store

Newest Covers
  • IDW Publishing's Darkness: Visible Issue # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's Guardians of the Galaxy Hard Cover # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Sectaurs: Warriors of the Symbion Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Gwen Issue # 17
Cool Statues
CBR.com Feature Requests - BE HEARD!
Recently Rated