feature requests

Whats the email address to submit covers? (Comic Book Forums)

• Whats the email address to submit covers?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 3:54:19 pm
  • Psh, you guys don't know how easy you have it. Back when I started, you had to correct cover problems by hand! Or something curmudgeonly like that...
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 4:00:55 pm
  • Actually back then we didn't even have covers for our comics Laughing
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 4:20:59 pm
  • I used this little piece of software back in 1996ish. You had to use BMP file pics with it. Blah. Sick

• Posted: June 10, 2009 4:31:28 pm
  • mattcoffeeman said:
    That's probably why I've never even bothered trying to submit a cover that I scanned myself, even though I own around 50 comics that still need covers submitted.

Plus I can't figure out how to get a decent scan with our scanner. Anxious

here's a little tip for you....

I scan my covers at 300 dpi, then use paint.net (similar to photoshop but free) to resize the image and adjust the resolution downwards. I normally go down to 200 dpi.

I don't know why, but this gets you a nice clean image...
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 11:02:39 am
  • I guess a good enough reason to go ahead and get a scanner..

Oh and by the way, some early fanzines (and I did one myself for a couple issues in 1964) did covers that were handtraced (usually over a light bulb with glass over cover) onto mimeograph paper. Hmmm, wonder if that is in the Smithsonian now...
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
26 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 54 years, 18 days, 11 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Absolute Carnage Issue # 5d
  • Source Point Press's Boston Metaphysical Society Issue # 4
  • Image Comics's Family Tree Issue # 1
  • Antarctic Press's Teether Issue # 3