feature requests

inserting pics into forum post (Comic Book Forums)

• inserting pics into forum post

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 3:31:18 pm
  • I feel dumb asking this, but how do you insert a picture into a forum post. I know that you click the "image" button and get "[img]/[img]" but do you just type in the path for the pic's location?
    You can beat your meat, but you can't beat this meat!
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 3:35:19 pm
  • If you right click on the image, you should be able to select something like "copy picture location". I did this to your avatar and got this link: http://comicbookrealm.com/images/avatars/e8225e1df2412fc7387eb97a36093f8d.jpg

One way to know you have a good link is that the link should end in a graphics file extension like jpg, gif, tiff, etc.

I hope this helps!

"1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 3:45:22 pm
  • The problem is that i'm trying to insert pictures that I have on my harddrive. There is no "copy picture location" option. I tried typing in the path, like G:\comic covers, but that didn't work. Does the picture need to be hosted online?
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 3:50:05 pm
  • Oh yeah, that would be the problem right there! You can upload your pics to your CBR profile and get the links there.

My Album: http://comicbookrealm.com/user/pics/1726
    Your Album: http://comicbookrealm.com/user/pics/1763786

Last edited February 12, 2009 3:52:22 pm
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 3:53:51 pm
  • Thanks. I feel really stupid now. I really appreciate it though.
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 3:56:36 pm
  • rickrodewd said:
    Thanks. I feel really stupid now.

AH! Don't. It took me a while to figure out how the bells and whistles on this internet thingy works. It's not something they teach in kindergarten or grad school! You don't always know until you ask. Welcome to the realm! We're always glad to help people who appreciate it.
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 4:00:01 pm
  • rickrodewd said:
    Thanks. I feel really stupid now. I really appreciate it though.

I asked the same thing a month ago man.
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: February 12, 2009 4:02:39 pm
  • It wouldn't be so bad except that i'm in school for computer systems, graduating soon, and I can't figure out how post a stupid picture. Oh well, I should stop beating myself up.
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 4:09:34 pm
  • Meh - computers are variable things. I'm GREAT with excel, but for some reason that means people expect me to know everything about computer systems.

I like your avatar by the way. Ministry of Silly Walks rules.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: February 12, 2009 5:31:02 pm
  • mattcoffeeman said:
    I like your avatar by the way. Ministry of Silly Walks rules.

Yeah it does! I like your signature too. You won't catch me laughing at Joker's .
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 37
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider TPB # 4
  • DC Comics's I am Batman TPB # 2
  • TV Comics!'s The Munsters Issue # 4b