feature requests

Comic Values (Comic Book Forums)



Author Comic Values
Posted: December 13, 2008 2:03:07 pm
For a couple of my comics, you site says they're worth one price and then I find them for sale for a much higher price. Like the Anita Blake: Guilty Pleasures #2 , you valued it at like 3 or 4 dollars but it sells everywhere for $60 or more. Operation Kansas City and Hazard! are valued at the cover price but sell now for $4. This just kinda confuses me, why the difference?
The search for Chaos! never ends.
Posted: December 13, 2008 2:51:52 pm
the prices we have for those books appear to be correct, I do not know where you are getting your information, but i just checked milehighcomics which has their comics way way overpriced, they are one of the most expensive places to purchase comics, if not the most expensive...and the anita blake book costs less than $15.00 for them....everywhere else i checked had that book at cover price, which would imply that we are actually overvalued on that book.....generally, we take a few different sites sale price of the book and average those together to get our value, or we use overstreet, wizard, or even ebay, depending on the situation...and no book is valued less than cover price of $2.25, whichever is higher (FCBD books a different)
http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
Posted: December 16, 2008 4:43:43 pm
I found the anita blake book for that price on amazon and ebay, in fact i bought it from ebay because i couldn't find it anywhere else. For the Motion Publishing comics i checked milehighcomics also, and i guess you're right is you're useing the very good price instead of the hight ratings. I wouldn't have even questioned you guys if i hadn't seen them for different prices.
The search for Chaos! never ends.
Posted: December 17, 2008 6:24:05 am
the values you generally see here (comicbookrealm) are set to a 9.2 grade, if you grade your book and enter that grade here, it will automatically adjust the value to the grade of your book.....mile high charges too much, period....you can basically assume they are charging double what the book is worth (this varies, of course)

as for the anita blake...you can purchase a first printing of #2 for $2.40 here http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=646741 ...of course this place has some of the best prices, so the books are normally worth more than this place sells them for

Last edited December 17, 2008 6:24:36 am
http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
Posted: February 22, 2014 9:48:56 am
I am looking at Werewolf by Dell. Sorry I can't figure out how to add a post. I see it on another price guide site and see it for $50 for first issue and $25 for others. I went to Milehigh like you suggested above. For NM 121.5 and 67.5 for 2 and 3. Thanks
Posted: March 25, 2014 9:52:31 pm
kiddoc1997 said:
I am looking at Werewolf by Dell. Sorry I can't figure out how to add a post. I see it on another price guide site and see it for $50 for first issue and $25 for others. I went to Milehigh like you suggested above. For NM 121.5 and 67.5 for 2 and 3. Thanks


hey doc

you probably realize this is the wrong forum to post this it would normally go in Price Check on Aisle X Please.

I did a little research and updated the pricing for that series

cheers
t
t

welcome to the realm enjoy your stay. hope you find a new home away from home for you and your comic collection
You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
" Holy CRAP on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
Posted: March 26, 2014 8:19:55 am
thanks,
I can't always figure out where to put things. I saw the post values, and I saw similar posts above.
I will keep trying thanks
Posted: March 26, 2014 9:23:40 am
any time ask away because you cannot learn unless you ask

cheers
t
t

http://comicbookrealm.com/forum/27/price-check-on-aisle-x-please
this is the forum if you think the prices on the site are out of wack.
You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
" Holy CRAP on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
Posted: April 14, 2014 12:49:05 pm
when I am re-pricing books (as in following hot trends and pricing) I will go on eBay and jot down rough 9.4 Complete Sale price, I will take 20+ prices and average the price...seems to be a fair assumption on price
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Posted: April 14, 2014 6:44:41 pm
AmZoMBiE said:
when I am re-pricing books (as in following hot trends and pricing) I will go on eBay and jot down rough 9.4 Complete Sale price, I will take 20+ prices and average the price...seems to be a fair assumption on price


thats good. I see alot of prices on here and other price sites. If you go on ebay there are always people undercutting everyone and you see a lot of comics selling well less than priced.
internet kills comic values Smile
Posted: April 16, 2014 4:49:25 pm
I completely agree, that's why I try to stay up to date on the hot books...
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Posted: May 14, 2014 8:02:03 pm
I think evil ernie Malibu 1991 is a bit under priced. I see it on comicspriceguide for $100 and I see it selling on Ebay well above that. Check it out.
thanks
Posted: October 3, 2014 5:31:17 pm
I do not know how the prices are figured on this site, but there's something wrong with what they figure. I get the whole 1990's over printings, and the crash in 1996 and everything. I get that not every comics is Action Comics #1 or Amazing Fantasy #15 - but while I see many people accusing comic stores of "over pricing" this site seriously under prices. (Seriously a NM Infinity Gauntlet worth only $15 - that, my friends, is much BS.)

Use this site as a place to come when I want to see how far people undervalue comics. It's the place I come when I want to see how low people can be convinced to sell their comics whereas I use other sites to see how "too high" they are willing to price their comics.

Fact is I never liked the whole CGC rating thing, especially since you have to pay these fraker's to tell you what your comic rates. Utter nonsense. How did these people become the arbiters of when a comic has value according to their arbitrary standards. (And it is, in fact, very arbitrary.) Who made them the almighty gods of comic rating. (Oh right, comic geeks did.)

Between this company that you have to pay to give you a grade and this site which under values comics severely the truth of comic hold true - A collectable is only as valuable as a collector is willing to pay for it. Price guides and CGS rating really mean nothing. If I followed the pricing this site gives for comics, I'd might as well sell my comics on a busy street for $1 a piece.
Posted: October 3, 2014 6:29:30 pm
I agree with you that a comic is what someone is will to pay for it. But in reality I don't think the site is under valued. There is always something you can say is undervalued, but in
reality I do not know how any place gets a value since, if you go to ebay, most comics sell for well under the value. I looked up infinity gauntlet and saw prices from 4 to 80. I saw full runs for about 40. You see items like tales of suspense value $100 selling for $10 in vf. This is a good marker. IF you go to comicpriceguide.com values are about the same.
Posted: October 3, 2014 6:45:35 pm
UmarHSoaries said:
I do not know how the prices are figured on this site, but there's something wrong with what they figure. I get the whole 1990's over printings, and the crash in 1996 and everything. I get that not every comics is Action Comics #1 or Amazing Fantasy #15 - but while I see many people accusing comic stores of "over pricing" this site seriously under prices. (Seriously a NM Infinity Gauntlet worth only $15 - that, my friends, is much BS.)

Use this site as a place to come when I want to see how far people undervalue comics. It's the place I come when I want to see how low people can be convinced to sell their comics whereas I use other sites to see how "too high" they are willing to price their comics.

Fact is I never liked the whole CGC rating thing, especially since you have to pay these fraker's to tell you what your comic rates. Utter nonsense. How did these people become the arbiters of when a comic has value according to their arbitrary standards. (And it is, in fact, very arbitrary.) Who made them the almighty gods of comic rating. (Oh right, comic geeks did.)

Between this company that you have to pay to give you a grade and this site which under values comics severely the truth of comic hold true - A collectable is only as valuable as a collector is willing to pay for it. Price guides and CGS rating really mean nothing. If I followed the pricing this site gives for comics, I'd might as well sell my comics on a busy street for $1 a piece.


For about 90% of comics produced in the 90's, I wouldn't pay more than a dollar for, and most colloctors will tell you the same thing.
If you see something you think is underpriced, post it in the the proper forum along with links. Dont post what people are asking, but what it has sold for.
"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"
Posted: October 3, 2014 6:52:47 pm
I was using sold values, just saying that the site is fine for prices
Posted: October 3, 2014 7:42:29 pm
For about 90% of comics produced in the 90's, I wouldn't pay more than a dollar for, and most colloctors will tell you the same thing.
If you see something you think is underpriced, post it in the the proper forum along with links. Dont post what people are asking, but what it has sold for.


What irks me is how people have this judgement thing going on in the comic geek world. "I wouldn't buy that for a dollar." Well I think a non-comic buying person see's that some comic called "Amazing Fantasy" just sold for $3000 and they go, "$3000 for a comic, I wouldn't pay .25 for that." Value isn't determined by stuffy old men publishing yearly books or by this conclave of specialists telling you how valuable your comic is. It's determine by what the collector is willing to pay. Right now the same people who put down 1990's books with an arrogant sweeping judgement are paying $3.99 for current issues today. I won't even pay that for digital, I'd rather wait for the inevitable .99 deal - because I think it's fair. But somehow Batman Eternal is still selling in the top 10 despite how I personally feel about the prices.
Posted: October 3, 2014 7:53:50 pm
im confused on your rants umar, are you saying you don't like price GUIDE sites because they GUIDE you to a rough value of the book, yet you are a member, are you u ranting cuz books are over/under priced...whats the issue here...im very confused
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Posted: October 3, 2014 8:35:11 pm
I am just as confused. Complaining because we have Infinity Gauntlet "valued" at $15 when you think it should be higher when verified sales on eBay don't show it is just crazy. Just because there might be a few that sell for $30/40 a piece, if the majority are selling for an average of $15 that is what we have to show the guide as. I am sorry if you bought a comic for more and guide sites show it as less than you paid...
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
Posted: October 3, 2014 9:02:55 pm
kiddoc1997 said:
I was using sold values, just saying that the site is fine for prices


I know, I was quoting Umar, he seems a angry about something...not sure what.
"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"
Posted: October 5, 2014 8:40:35 pm
i would argue using ebay sales and crowdsourcing updates to pricing (which is what we do here) is really the best way to do prices. I cant think of what would be a better way to do it...

If we lag behind on a few books, I figure its just because someone hasnt pointed out a price increase to the mods yet. Point it out, and theyll get to it.






World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 42 years, 20 days, 8 hours of Run Time

Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home

Join World Community Grid today!

CBR App on Android
Newest Covers
  • DC Comics's Batman Issue # 33b
  • Starlog Group's Comics Scene Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma Issue # 4d
  • Eerie Publications's Tales from the Tomb Issue # 6
Cool Statues