feature requests

Comic Piles (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Piles

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 15, 2008 1:56:58 pm
  • How do you move comics from one pile to another?
  • Posted: June 15, 2008 2:43:00 pm
  • 1. go to your collection
    2. go to the pile that contains the comic you want to move
    3. click the blue arrow next to the series title that contains the comic you want to move
    4. click the roll down menu furthest to right (the left most one is for changing the comics grade...the right most one is for changing which pile it is in)...change that roll down menu's option to the box you wish to move the comic to

NOTE: the bold box that says "set all piles to..." will move ALL comics of that title to the new pile while selecting the non-bold box in line with the issue number will move only that specific issue to the new pile
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: September 9, 2012 9:25:48 pm
  • jkoswald said:
    1. go to your collection
    2. go to the pile that contains the comic you want to move
    3. click the blue arrow next to the series title that contains the comic you want to move
    4. click the roll down menu furthest to right (the left most one is for changing the comics grade...the right most one is for changing which pile it is in)...change that roll down menu's option to the box you wish to move the comic to

NOTE: the bold box that says "set all piles to..." will move ALL comics of that title to the new pile while selecting the non-bold box in line with the issue number will move only that specific issue to the new pile
    Few questions:
    I see no blue arrows, just a greyish plus sign.
    I only see master pile as a choice in the drop down menu.
  • Posted: September 10, 2012 7:09:08 am
  • 1. The blue arrows were switched out for collapse (minus)/expand(plus) buttons.
    2. You have to create more piles to add your books to before you can move books to them.

To do this either hit the + button next to the drop list that says "Set all Piles to" when adding books to your collection, or go into your "my realm" and click on "manage piles".
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 10, 2012 12:37:38 pm
  • dough boy said:
    1. The blue arrows were switched out for collapse (minus)/expand(plus) buttons.
    2. You have to create more piles to add your books to before you can move books to them.

To do this either hit the + button next to the drop list that says "Set all Piles to" when adding books to your collection, or go into your "my realm" and click on "manage piles".
    Ah, good. I created a new pile (sell) but it's saying I'm not sharing it. How do I change that? Also, what's the difference between lists and piles?
  • Posted: September 10, 2012 1:56:00 pm
  • Oh...lists is for sell and want lists. If you don't have anything added to either they won't show.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: November 10, 2012 8:27:46 pm
  • Kind of unrelated question, but is there a limit to the number of comic books allowed into one pile?
  • Posted: November 10, 2012 9:34:24 pm
  • Kbowden said:
    Kind of unrelated question, but is there a limit to the number of comic books allowed into one pile?

To keep things running smoothly, it helps if you keep piles to under 1000. For more info on this, check out this thread: http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/2/15058&page=all&search=piles#69541
  • Posted: January 4, 2014 2:22:57 pm
  • I know I am a noob. I follow the directions from your link. But when I click on realm. The edit button doesn not show next to my master pile . It says sharing y. but I can't edit it to share with other piles
  • Posted: January 9, 2014 4:04:45 am
  • Got it.

Last edited January 9, 2014 7:53:25 am
  • Posted: January 9, 2014 7:44:09 am
  • Okay this is what I figured out. Go to manage and then edit the pile and make sure it is shared. Then create a new pile. Then go to you main pile. Open a series you want to move. There is an edit button on the left side of the column click it and then change pile from master to the pile you want to go in. You can change whole titles, Its not to hard, failrly time consuming. Wish I had done it at the beginning
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1bird city-b
  • Mirage Studios's Gobbledygook Issue # 1
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 11
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Invasion Issue # 2-2nd print