Publisher "search" (Comic Book Forums)

• Publisher "search"

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 26, 2010 8:44:06 pm
  • Does anyone use the publisher search drop list at the top of the screen? This file is currently 67k and I am thinking of replacing it with a typical search and auto suggest (i.e. you start typing and it will start filling in).

Basically it is on every page you go to and if I eliminate/replace it that would save on bandwidth costs.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 26, 2010 8:53:33 pm
  • i dont use it and i think an auto suggest would be much more useful. but im only one of many so whatever you do is kool with me.
  • Posted: April 26, 2010 9:11:36 pm
  • Would it screw with us entering new issiues if not I'm cool with it
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: April 26, 2010 9:12:44 pm
  • Rattlehead79 said:
    Would it screw with us entering new issiues if not I'm cool with it
    This would only affect the upper left hand search box and nothing else. The mods would still have the regular box for adding new items.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 26, 2010 9:39:46 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Rattlehead79 said:
    Would it screw with us entering new issiues if not I'm cool with it
    This would only affect the upper left hand search box and nothing else. The mods would still have the regular box for adding new items.

Cool I thought the glitch with the pub in the left corner was on my end and I got along without it, I just noticed the guide tab at the top for the first time too so that will have to be adjusted.

Fireboy said:
    out with the old, in with the new!

You've been in collage to long, Laughing Thats your default settingBrick wall

Last edited April 26, 2010 9:40:41 pm
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: April 26, 2010 11:10:03 pm
  • smeggie42 said:
    i dont use it and i think an auto suggest would be much more useful. but im only one of many so whatever you do is kool with me.

I agree. More space, the better.Smile
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: April 27, 2010 5:30:35 am
  • I never used it...

and by the way... never used the "Use all" dropdownbox either.

Last edited April 27, 2010 5:31:56 am
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: April 27, 2010 10:07:20 am
  • I only used it for the first week until I found a simpler way to search my series.

weinreich said:
    ...never used the "Use all" dropdownbox either.

Agreed!
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Kid Venom Issue # 1d
  • Titan Comics's The Savage Sword of Conan Issue # 3
  • Alien Books's Valiant Hero Universe Origins: X-O Manowar TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Blood Hunt Issue # 3b