ComixCon and Comic Book Realm A Partnership is Born! (Comic Book Forums)

• ComixCon and Comic Book Realm - A Partnership is Born!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 16, 2010 8:38:21 am

ComixCon
    is a new buying/selling experience that will be launching within a week. The goal of this site is to provide a better experience for both buyers and sellers and not charge an arm and a leg to sell in the process.

Everyone who wishes to use ComixCon will need to register. If you are just buying, there is no fee involved. If you are selling there is a flat $2.99 a month for your "store". This $2.99 is for unlimited listings and there is no additional listing fees. Other selling sites either require expensive software or charge a monthly fee of $15 PLUS listing and commissions.

So you might ask..."Why do we need another selling site?". Well, the number 1 question I receive from people is how do I sell my comics (in general). There is not really an affordable source at this time to do it - ComixCon will change that.

Now you ask what ComixCon has to do with Comic Book Realm? Well, ComixCon contacted us and asked if we would like to be their exclusive partner. I hope everyone knows how big of a deal this is for us. Not only will our membership (still 100% free) increase, but I have also secured a special incentive for all Comic Book Realm members.

As I mentioned the selling fee is $2.99 a month (no long term contracts). Well, if you are a Comic Book Realm member and you register through our page with your member name you will get the monthly fee for $2.49 (a 17% discount). Even if you are not planning on selling right now (but might down the road), you still want to register through this special portal as it will ensure you get the discount if/when you ever need it.

What I need for everyone to do (once it is ready) is to spread the word that the ONLY place to get this discount is if you are a Comic Book Realm member and register through our portal. If ComixCon gets 50,000 members we want all 50,000 to have registered through us. Again, even if they are only going to be buying right now they still want to register through us, otherwise if they go to sell they will not get the discounted price.

I look forward to a wonderful and mutually beneficial partnership between ComixCon and Comic Book Realm.

Last edited April 22, 2010 7:58:07 am
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 16, 2010 9:57:30 am
  • One comment, one question;

Awesome Cool I have been thinking of liquidating my I-don't-care piles for a while now.

and, is the discount for every month or just your first selling month? Either way, savings is savings.
  • Posted: April 16, 2010 9:59:48 am
  • "Lifetime"

No point in saving just $.50 one time...but $6 a year...that buys you 2 new comics!
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: April 16, 2010 10:02:08 am
  • dough boy said:
    "Lifetime"

No point in saving just $.50 one time...but $6 a year...that buys you 2 new comics!

And since I plan on collecting till I drop, a conservative 60+ more years, base on family history,... that's alot of savings/comics (all savings end up being turned into comics anyways, lol)
  • Posted: April 16, 2010 10:03:45 am
  • This sounds greatApplauseIt like we are getiing in to the big time. How will we know when it is ready to register?
    I'm over worked and under paid, But never to poor for Comics!!! Check out my new website !!!
    www.kozscomicreview.webs.com
  • Posted: April 16, 2010 10:19:04 am
  • I will update the site with more information. They will also be running ads on here, and I will likely send out an e-mail to everyone (only 2nd time in the history of ComicBookRealm.com).

• Posted: April 16, 2010 10:29:33 am
  • Great news Matt.
    Congrats!!Applause
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 16, 2010 11:07:25 am
  • Oh Yeah, I forgot, I think aside from my questons, congratulations are definitley in order!
  • Posted: April 16, 2010 12:08:07 pm
  • Congratulations, D.B. Glad I had patience on selling.Very Happy
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: April 16, 2010 1:05:27 pm
  • Woot! Sounds great. ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause

It will be worth a shot since the last free selling site didn't seem to generate much traffic or sales for those using it.

What's next, a partnership with Amazon and Google? Shocked
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
57 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Absolute Power: Task Force VII Issue # 1f
  • Marvel Comics's Hulk: Blood Hunt Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 53c
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Issue # 1i