Your Help Is Needed! (Comic Book Forums)

• Your Help Is Needed!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 9, 2006 9:30:16 pm
  • I have joined a bowling team to benefit the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Foundation. I need your help with donations. i know that you can donate to MyComicPile.com, but your help would be better spent for them. The last day for donations will be sometime in early July.

What I am going to do is to award 1,000 points for every dollar donated (minimum is $5). These donations will have no impact on your MyComicPile.com account except for the amount of points you can earn. There is no limit on the amount you can donate however the amount of points you can receive for donating to this cause will be capped at 20,000. The reason for this is that I have to be fair to everyone that has invested a lot of time into the site.

If you would like to support a great cause, and get some points as well, please go to the following link [b:a2b1a44ec1]PLEASE NOTE THIS MONEY GOES DIRECTLY TO BBBS AND NOT TO ME FIRST[/b:a2b1a44ec1]:

Donate to Big Brothers/Big Sisters

After you have donated, please send an e-mail to sales @ mycomicpile.com or reply to this topic and include your MyComicPile.com Member Name, and amount donated for point credit.

I truly appreciate any donation that you can make.

Thank you,

Dough Boy

Last edited June 20, 2006 12:37:56 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 15, 2006 1:03:19 pm
  • This is a fantastic program, and anyone getting involved at any level should be commended. A few of my friends have been involved, and I find out more people in my office have done it or are doing it all the time. Unfortunately, it sounds like demand still outstrips the supply in some local areas. Good luck with the bowling benefit.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: June 15, 2006 2:12:37 pm
  • [quote:f2906f46ce]"Unfortunately, it sounds like demand still outstrips the supply in some local areas."[/quote:f2906f46ce]

Not sure what that means, but thank you for your donation. I appreciate it very much (and I know they will put the money to good use).

As far as the site goes, getting better everyday in my opinion (not that I am biased or anything!) Smile

Your points will be credited to your account momentarily.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: June 15, 2006 4:08:26 pm
  • Sorry, I could have been more clear. I've heard from the 4 people I know who are involved in the Topeka and Lawrence areas that there are more kids on the waiting list than BB's & BS's signing up. Someone who's more directly involved may know otherwise.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: June 20, 2006 9:50:22 am
  • So far we have had 2 generous members from MyComicPile.com help out the Big Brothers/Big Sisters. Even though I have reached my individual goal (thanks in large part to my dad), I still encourage everyone to chip in $5 (or more if you can).

What do you get for your $5? 1. 5,000 MCP points for the auction (1,000 points for each $1 donated), and 2. A tax writeoff. Not to mention you will be helping out a great cause!

We are nearing 1,500 members and even if only 100 of you donated $5, that would be $500 for this wonderful organization.

Please give it some thought.

Thanks!

• Posted: June 26, 2006 2:30:30 pm
  • Great cause bud.

I did the bowl for B.B./B.S myself a couple of years ago!

any way of donating with paypal?
  • Posted: June 26, 2006 2:34:50 pm
  • Ummm. Well, you could send money to Sales @ mycomicpile.com and I could then pay via credit card to them on your behalf.

Just make sure you e-mail me so that I know how much you donated. I guess BBBS will lose a little because of PayPal's fees.

• Posted: June 26, 2006 8:33:59 pm
  • Would it be better for me to just get them to send me a bill then?
  • Posted: June 26, 2006 8:40:36 pm
  • You could do the manual thing. I am not too sure how it works. It would be more difficult for me to award points.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Oni Press's Biker Mice From Mars Issue # 1d
  • Image Comics's No/One Issue # 10c
  • Harper Alley's Warriors: Prophecies Begin TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Issue # 197b