CBR App for Smartphones (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR App for Smartphones

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 14, 2013 2:04:31 pm
  • dough boy said:
    $5 million dollars.

Just kidding...it will be free.

I really think you should set up a 99 cent download. If only 5,000 people use it, that's a chunk of change for site support. Think
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: February 14, 2013 2:50:07 pm
  • Ok...I have made it live. You can access here: http://app.comicbookrealm.com (please note this will only work on smart phones). Smart phones means most modern phones (iOS, Android, Windows8, etc). Basically if it has a modern mobile browser you should be good to go.

What this is:

It is a highly optimized version of the meat and potatoes of the website. It allows you to look up data, see covers, see your want list, etc.

What this ISN'T:

This is not a replacement of the website. You will not be able to add books to your collection (at this time), etc.

Here is a forum for discussing the App (where you can submit bugs, feature requests, etc.) To save money this is an HTML5 App and not a native app. It would have cost $5,000 to probably get a native version of each. I might look into it at some point, but for now this is easier, faster, and less expensive.

Last edited February 14, 2013 3:48:41 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 14, 2013 3:56:39 pm
  • Spa-fon said:
    I really think you should set up a 99 cent download. If only 5,000 people use it, that's a chunk of change for site support. Think
    Depending on how much the App "costs", i.e. lost revenue/traffic to the main site there might be some sort of small fee to use it. At this time however I am going to leave it as free.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: February 20, 2013 10:07:34 pm
  • How much traffic do you think the site will lose? The only time I owuld ever use the app is if im in a comic store... and not near my comp
  • Posted: February 20, 2013 10:46:11 pm
  • I doubt it will lose any as long as I don't make it where you can "manage" your collection.

Probably the only way I would charge for the app is if I had to make a native version for iOS and Android...

55 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Absolute Power: Task Force VII Issue # 2f
  • Comic Shop News's Comic Shop News Issue # 1916
  • Antarctic Press's Manga Z Issue # 21
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men: Legacy Issue # 209b