CBR App for Smartphones (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR App for Smartphones

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 9, 2012 2:54:05 pm
  • Nope...still need time to develop it. I have no time during the week, and the weekends are hectic with the little guy.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 9, 2012 4:27:09 pm
  • I thoroughly appreciate all the work that goes into this site both by the developer(s) and those who contribute. I, also, would love to see a mobile-friendly device. I recognize that developing a formal 'app' can be time (and resource) consuming, so I will echo Boozle061083's statement that a mobile site would be just as appreciated. Just the ability to browse a current collection to see what's missing is most helpful when out shopping. Of course, the ability to add and remove titles would also be useful as well as the ability to see going prices.

Although a barcode scanning ability would be great, I know there are a lot of challenges to that with comics issues. And, from discussions with other developers, if a mobile site is developed, there are still some challenges with supporting camera support.
  • Posted: January 9, 2012 8:01:09 pm
  • You can if possible employ some people to do it of do it a night
    The Phantom
    The Ghoust Who Walks
    Man Who Can Not Die
    Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
  • Posted: October 14, 2012 9:43:37 pm
  • Do you have a web thin client / wap interface we can access while waiting for the iApp?
    By the way it's great to be back in the community
    AbleBaker...always collecting.
    I collect for pleasure and to leave an interesting legacy to my children (besides money or material possessions).
    I'm always interested in buying good condition chidlren's comics or semi-independent comic books at rates between $0.12 - $0.40 each in large volumes.
  • Posted: October 15, 2012 10:35:11 am
  • As long as the app is for BOTH iOS & Android. Rolling EyesWhistle

• Posted: October 15, 2012 1:17:07 pm
  • The app will be for Android and US members only. Twisted Evil

Just kidding.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: October 15, 2012 1:44:56 pm
  • dough boy said:
    The app will be for Android and US members only. Twisted Evil

Just kidding.

Haha pretty good one my friend!

P.S. I'm on Android Smile (I'm an Apple hater, even though I have a 32GB iPod Touch, but shhhhhh)
  • Posted: January 6, 2013 7:59:57 pm
  • got an ipad over the holidays and was thinking that while an app is great, nothing beats the badassness of this site as a whole. looks great on ipad. yet an ipad for my smaller mobile device would still be awesome
    “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

---EINSTEIN
  • Posted: January 7, 2013 12:25:27 pm
  • I think one of the big reasons people would like a mobile site or app is just for load times. I know that trying to search from my phone is pretty slow even on a 3G connection and a big part of that is either the ads or the eBay listings. Whatever is slowing it down is something that loads on all the pages. It could even be the cover list, previews, anything on the side bar.

I love the site and when I am on a PC it loads fast and all those sidebar features come in handy. When I am trying to run a quick lookup from HPB because I found a whole stack of old comics cheap it gets a little annoying.

If I knew anything about app building I would offer my assistance. Maybe this is a good time to learn...
    Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on: we set up your computers, we deliver your email, we connect your calls, we backup your files, we guard your networks while you sleep. Do not %@&# with us. - paraphrased from Fight Club

• Posted: January 7, 2013 1:19:37 pm
  • The "app" is essentially done. The mod's have had access to it for awhile. There are some issues with the want list feature so I am going to have to work on those before release. I was also trying to get the ability to scan in...but no one currently supports our needs so it might have to wait.

55 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's Destro Issue # 2d
  • Mad Cave Studios's Dick Tracy Issue # 3
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's Rat City Issue # 2 - 2nd print
  • Top Cow Productions's Witchblade Issue # 1d