CBR App for Smartphones (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR App for Smartphones

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 4, 2010 4:32:30 pm
  • This is great news i just got an Iphone last month and a CBR app would be amazing.

A value look up tool would be great as its hard to scroll on safari, when i was in my local comic shop it took ages to load so a dedicated app would be greatly appreciated. i also think the barcode scanner would be a great addition as mentioned by Badaboom , ive already used one of the free ones of these from the app store and it works a treat.

• Posted: July 6, 2010 3:50:55 pm
  • cbwudang said:
    ive already used one of the free ones of these from the app store and it works a treat.

Just to clarify, do you mean you used a bar scanner app to scan comic books, specifically? If so, can you please reply with the name of the app, thanks!
  • Posted: July 6, 2010 4:01:28 pm
  • No its justa regular one that i used on some TPB's and it tells you the cheapeast price online to buy it from. Im not sur ehte prices are the cheapest but the scanner works a treat not sure what itds called but it was one of the free ones
  • Posted: November 8, 2010 9:27:44 pm
  • I don't know if this has already been brought up, but a bar code scanner would be nice.
    Men who crave power, look back on the mistakes of their lives, pile them all together and call it destiny.
  • Posted: September 1, 2011 10:33:54 am
  • Sorry for the necro post. Any progress on this? I could have used this last week at a big garage sale full of old comics. The main site took forever to load on my LG Optimus V and was wishing for a CBR app optimised for smartphones or at the very least a m.comicbookrealm mobile site.

p.s.: I picked up a Fantastic Four #54 for $2, Fantastic Four #87 for $5 and a Munsters #3 for $1 at that garage sale Dancing
  • Posted: September 1, 2011 1:29:24 pm
  • Still in the works...hey if I didn't have a day job then I would have time to fix everything. Smile
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 1, 2011 2:22:36 pm
  • Boozle061083 said:
    Sorry for the necro post. Any progress on this? I could have used this last week at a big garage sale full of old comics. The main site took forever to load on my LG Optimus V and was wishing for a CBR app optimised for smartphones or at the very least a m.comicbookrealm mobile site.

p.s.: I picked up a Fantastic Four #54 for $2, Fantastic Four #87 for $5 and a Munsters #3 for $1 at that garage sale Dancing
    I've got an LG Optimus V as well & I "SOMETIMES" habe probs with CBR loading BUT it also depends on where I'm at & how good my signal strength is to.
  • Posted: September 2, 2011 6:43:05 pm
  • OK, scratch the Jitterbug. My wife talked me into an IPhone4 when my old cell crashed. And I was able to read the Forums while io the NW US trip. (Although I had to wear my glasses to read it!!)
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: September 2, 2011 8:13:06 pm
  • was an app developed for this site?
  • Posted: January 9, 2012 2:50:51 pm
  • Is it out yet
    The Phantom
    The Ghoust Who Walks
    Man Who Can Not Die
    Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
55 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Conan the Barbarian Issue # 13px
  • IDW Publishing's Godzilla vs Mighty Morphin Power Rangers II Issue # 4ri
  • Magma Comix's Greaser Gemini Blues Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Issue # 202b