Larger scans now available (Comic Book Forums)

• Larger scans now available

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 27, 2006 10:03:20 am
  • I had some requests to allow larger scans. When you upload an image, 2 versions will now be created. If a larger scan exists, click on the smaller one to see the larger one.

Since 99.9% of the covers in the database are smaller images, those that need larger scans will now have "Larger Scan Needed" written on them. Click on this, and upload a newer one.

Points for previous scans are still earned. The only thing this will change is that if you have uploaded an image, and someone else uploads the larger image, they will now be given credit for it.

The "52 Week..." series has been done so you can see what the new feature looks like.

Please let me know what you think.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 28, 2006 10:07:23 am
  • I [b:9f025c77e1][i:9f025c77e1]love[/i:9f025c77e1][/b:9f025c77e1] it!

It's great for seeing detail that used to be missed in the smaller picture.

I also love that you can now make a copy of the larger cover scan.

But one thing I don't like about it is the point scheme. I think that the person who submitted the original pic should still retain at least some points for their time.

for example, I put a lot of hours into doing Detective Comics (8 pages!), and it would suck if someone could just erase that time!

I also spent a lot of time last night re-scanning, editing & submitting covers and only got a measly 170 points for mostly "details" that I entered. Mad
  • Posted: May 28, 2006 10:56:57 am
  • As stated above, you still get the original points. The only thing that you would lose at this time would be credit for the image. So since you did all of Detective Comics, you earned x thousands of points. If you redo them, you would earn another x thousands of points. If someone else redoes them, then they get x thousands of points but you still get to keep your original x thousands of points.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 28, 2006 11:30:30 am
  • Ooooohhhh [img:2f1732e454]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/One_Eye_Ry/doh.gif[/img:2f1732e454]

I got it! Very Happy
  • Posted: June 13, 2006 3:40:01 pm
  • THanks! having larger images really helps its impossible to see the deatails in the little pics! Razz Razz Razz
  • Posted: June 14, 2006 10:35:52 pm
  • coolieo!!!!!!!!!!!
    This feature is amazing!
    Oh happy day (happy day) Haahapiee daie(Happy days).........5 long hours later.......thank you, thank you very much...
    Sorry fer my blathering

:-D :-D Very Happy Surprised Shocked Logical :-D Surprised Very Happy Sad :-D
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Captain America Issue # 11c
  • Gemstone Publishing's Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide  TPB # 54c
  • Skybound's Scarlett Issue # 1 - 2nd print
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Issue # 1mg-b