Comic Book Previews (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Book Previews

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 25, 2009 11:47:57 am
  • As you can now tell...they are live. Please check them out...who knows it might interest you in a new book (or get your reading jump started on a regular book. Some publishers even provide me with a full PDF version of their books so I can review them...down the road I hope to do so, but for now this is it.

I would like to devote some space on the homepage. I am thinking about moving the recent covers down and full (1 strip of 5) and using the current space to showcase a random preview from the next week.

Thoughts?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 25, 2009 12:29:21 pm
  • i think thats a great idea. with the new releases and previews CBR has really turned into the one stop shop for all comic book needs. also if you need to make room on the home you could make the new member box smaller like the recent active or lifetime members.
  • Posted: September 25, 2009 12:41:22 pm
  • i hate to say it DB but i found a problem. it could just be my work with crappy IE so if no one else is having problems its no big deal. when i look at the preview almost the whole page is blocked by what looks like a background. you can see the page behind it on the right side. is anyone else having problems?
  • Posted: September 25, 2009 2:17:41 pm
  • Ill assume its IE cause it works fine for me and I'm using Firefox.
    klaus_komix

Currently Collecting:
    Amazing Spider-Man, Batman And Robin, Batman, Dark Avengers, Deadpool, Detective Comics, Gotham City Sirens, Invincible Iron Man, New Avengers, The Outsiders, Punisher, Red Robin, Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Batgirl, Batman: Streets Of Gotham, Uncanny X-Men
  • Posted: September 25, 2009 2:29:37 pm
  • IE 7.0 here and it works fine.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: September 25, 2009 2:40:02 pm
  • ok then ill just wait till i get home to read previews i just wanted to make sure it wasnt a big problem. now if only i could get IT to let us have firefox
  • Posted: September 25, 2009 4:32:46 pm
  • Oh...you have IE6.

I added a work around. Can you see if it works better now?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 25, 2009 7:33:43 pm
  • For the home page, I agree with your initial thought of adjusting the newest covers part. That is cool for regular members, but it doesn't necessarily do anything for potential members, whereas previews and recently rated definitely do. I bet newest covers can go to the bottom and be fine, or at least lower, IMO.

Last edited September 25, 2009 7:34:30 pm
  • Posted: September 26, 2009 9:09:41 am
  • there's an error in the publisher links on the top Previews page, for example if you click on Wildstorm under the North 40 Preview it takes you to.

http://comicbookrealm.com/publisher//Wildstorm

which holds no information

15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Critical Role: Tales of Exandria II - Artagan Issue # 4
  • Image Comics's Kid Cudi Presents: Moon Man Issue # 3b
  • E.C. Publications, Inc.'s MAD Magazine Issue # 1facsimile
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Comics: X-Men Issue # 8b