Where are they getting the data? 10,000 points for the correct answer (Comic Book Forums)

• Where are they getting the data? - 10,000 points for the correct answer

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 22, 2009 8:26:46 am
  • Here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22997 ?

I don't know if that's what you're looking for. They have good previews, but it's not easy to get from one publisher to another.

Last edited September 22, 2009 8:28:46 am
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: September 22, 2009 8:30:21 am
  • No...that is the general information. I am looking for the full previews plus "real" non-branded cover.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 22, 2009 8:42:05 am
  • I finally heard back from one of the sites. The guy told me that he does it all manually.

I have sent and e-mail off to each major publisher to see what data is available.

Sorry, guess no one gets 10,000 points.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 22, 2009 9:18:16 am
  • I would believe that Diamond has some kind of service like this but I guess you would have to be a distributer...
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: September 22, 2009 9:19:45 am
  • weinreich said:
    I would believe that Diamond has some kind of service like this but I guess you would have to be a distributer...
    You would think...but actually I called Diamond and they do not. Apparently it is just on each publisher to provide whatever.

• Posted: September 22, 2009 10:58:32 am
  • I get the Boom Studios Previews direct from Boom Studios.

(Which is how I upload the covers so quickly)

basically its a case of getting on the Press list for the various companies.
  • Posted: September 22, 2009 11:00:21 pm
  • Just to let you know, we appreciate you guys doing all this hunting for us.
    And DB, I love this site and if there's anything I can ever do to help you with it just let me know.
    The search for Chaos! never ends.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Pow Pow Press's Almost Summer  Soft Cover # 3
  • DSTLRY Media's Somna: A Bedtime Story Issue # 3g-b
  • Dark Horse Comics's Space Usagi: Death & Honor TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate X-Men Issue # 1sad lemon