ComicBookRealm has 10,000 members! (Comic Book Forums)

• ComicBookRealm has 10,000 members!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 7:46:08 am
  • I would just like to personally say thank you to EVERY ONE for far exceeding my wildest dreams. I was hoping to get maybe 100 members. We have exceeded that by 100 times.

Now that we have crossed this milestone after about 4 years and with virtually no advertising, lets see how quickly we can cross the 25,000 mark.

I would much rather have quality over quantity (just like a collection) and I think we have assembled a high quality rag tag class of members.

Thank you for being a part of this milestone!
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 8:05:47 am
  • Congratulations on reaching 10,000 members. That is quite an achievement.

In Denmark we have a saying that translates roughly into: "Where good people are, good people will come" and I think it is very appropriate for CBR. I have made many friends on the forums here and the database is ofcourse an excellent way of managing my collection.

Thank you for making the site on the internet I frequent mostly.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 8:22:56 am
  • ApplauseDancingDancingDancingDancingDancing Fom how quickly the last 250 or so members joined 25,000 No problem CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolApplauseApplause

Last edited March 24, 2009 8:29:38 am
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: March 24, 2009 8:46:14 am
  • That's pretty awesome. I think there were about 2600 when I joined, almost 3 years ago!
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 10:26:02 am

Excellent DoughBoy.
    ImageImage

I am glad to be a part of this historic moment in time. Like joshchr said i think there was around 2600 members when i joined back in the MyComicPile days. The site has grow by leaps and bounds since then and continues to grow and improve everyday.

Thank you DB for creating this site and bring me back into comic collecting after a 9 years hiatus where I wandered aimlessly through life with no direction. And thank your wife for asking you what used to do and love(besides her) on that car ride home that one night long ago(6 years ago I think).

ImageImageImage
    Cheers to everybody here at CBR and lets keep the Realm alive for another 100 years.Image
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 10:52:30 am
  • Congratulations! This is an amazing website. Thanks to Doughboy and all the Mods. As well as all the members that make it a joy to come on everyday and find out the latest about the comic book industry.
    klaus_komix

Currently Collecting:
    Amazing Spider-Man, Batman And Robin, Batman, Dark Avengers, Deadpool, Detective Comics, Gotham City Sirens, Invincible Iron Man, New Avengers, The Outsiders, Punisher, Red Robin, Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Batgirl, Batman: Streets Of Gotham, Uncanny X-Men
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 12:11:10 pm
  • oh yea we all rock!!!!1 its great to be part of such i big community. however i do think it is only fair that i tell you im a schizophrenic with about 9,000 different people in my head so most of the users are just me. hey dont tell them that, yea dont rat us out. hey ill do whatever i want. no you wont im taking over, says who? i said so let the guy talk. oh yea and THANK YOU to doughboy for putting together this great site that has help me...us keep track of my collection in every detail.

Last edited March 24, 2009 12:13:13 pm
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 12:47:14 pm
  • Woot woot!!!! Happy dance time!!!!

Congrates to ya buddy. There may be strength in numbers but without the numero uno getting it all started there would be no numbers to shout about. Again proven "little things done are greater than big things talked about".

Well done DB, well done Cool
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 3:28:01 pm
  • tt_cook1963 said:
    And thank your wife for asking you what used to do and love(besides her) on that car ride home that one night long ago(6 years ago I think).
    My wife says
    Mrs. Dough Boy said:
    So, it's all my fault that you started the site then? I don't know if I want to take credit for that. Wink
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 24, 2009 4:06:57 pm
  • wow. it's great to see a site hit such a milestone. here's to more fun and more members
    ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Enchanted Images Inc.'s Carl Barks Paintings 1966-1971 Hard Cover # 1b
  • Kodansha Comics's Parasyte Hard Cover # 7
  • DC Comics's Poison Ivy Issue # 24the616-c
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate X-Men Issue # 1 - 4th print b