"For Sale" (Comic Book Forums)

• "For Sale"

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 23, 2008 9:47:40 pm
  • I have hooked up the for sale stuff that I forgot to do in the change over. This means that all of the for sale icons should now be working again.

Also I tweaked the nav on a user profile to indicate boldly that a user has some books for sale.

As always please let me know if you run into anything or have any suggestions.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 23, 2008 10:17:36 pm
  • i was just checking this out.
    nice work doughboy. Applause
    i like that you can see the grades and asking prices of th ebooks.
  • Posted: August 24, 2008 3:49:57 am
  • very nice you really make it easy for people to get what they want now i just need to track down some of the comics no one on this site has.
  • Posted: August 24, 2008 3:59:53 am
  • i know it has been requested before, but how much work would it take to make books marked as for sale to remain in the piles......and along with that, making it so that a whole pile can be marked as for sale with a simple click of a button or checking a box?
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: August 24, 2008 8:18:59 am
  • Well...this would be an undertaking and here is why:

When I built the site there are 2 tables that are separate that hold each type, for sale, and not for sale. So this is where the problem lies. Some have added their whole collection to the for sale table, and others to just their collection. Of course this doesn't count those that have added them to both.

So in order to pull it off I would either need to redo the whole for sale thing, or maybe try to find a way to do a hybrid. For instance you have added your books to your collection, provide a button to also add them to the for sale table and link them. The only problem is that they would have to be done this way, you couldn't go from your for sale stuff to your collection.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 24, 2008 1:43:47 pm
  • ok, its no big deal really, I am doing fine as it is
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: August 24, 2008 4:01:19 pm
  • NIFTY
    ApplauseApplauseApplause
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Top Cow Productions's Antarctica TPB # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 113
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek Issue # 22
  • Skybound's Transformers Issue # 10b