New Report (Comic Book Forums)

• New Report

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 23, 2008 5:35:53 pm
  • Ok because I create this report manually all the time I decided that I want to be lazy now and just click a few buttons.

You will notice a new report called "completion". This report will give you a condensed list of owned/missing books from chosen series.

I like to take this to conventions with me to make it easy to see what I need at a glance.

Enjoy!
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 23, 2008 6:03:22 pm
  • thats quite nice, i have some requests for it though....a "select all" option for the series....and a way to select by pile.....i have a lot spider-man mini series and the like in one pile...would be nice to see what is missing from those series without having to click the 100 or so spider-man mini-series boxes

haha this site is like a bad relationship for you dough boy....you give and you give and we all we do is ask for more

Last edited June 23, 2008 6:04:34 pm
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 23, 2008 7:38:28 pm
  • I thought of the select all (didn't add it because if you own 1 book out of a series of 100 it would put it as well).

Not sure about the other one. I can see what you are saying but since series "transcend" piles I am not sure it would turn out too well.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: June 23, 2008 8:42:45 pm
  • This is a fantastic feature!! Shocked

Great stuff!
  • Posted: June 23, 2008 8:57:05 pm
  • with the select all....sometimes it is easier to unselect a few titles rather than select many

i would use this feature mainly for the larger series anyway, but as you have working (awesomely) if someone only had one book out of a 100 book series...it would do something like 1-49, 51-100 (if issue 50 was owned)....doesnt take up much space, i doubt anyone would complain

as for the select by piles...i, personally, wouldnt mind if it transcends piles...i would just select the pile with most of the series i am looking for....since it pulls in all the issues i have, regardless of the piles, it will still give me the correct missing issues.....sounds like a win win to me, but its possible i am missing what the dilemma might be
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 12:39:45 am
  • uh, this sounds nifty
    but my report button appears to be gone
    so i cant try it out...
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 1:25:50 am
  • This site continually impresses me. Thanks for the feature!
    ex-squeeze me, a-baking powder?
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 2:39:11 am
  • Two thumbs up... very handy tool.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 7:36:17 am
  • tuesdaysdusk said:
    uh, this sounds nifty
    but my report button appears to be gone
    so i cant try it out...

I moved it and "enhanced" it. It is now up in the gray box area called reports.

• Posted: June 24, 2008 7:54:01 am
  • Very nice upgrade on the reports. Applause
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 138 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four: Epic Collection TPB # 20-2nd print
  • Image Comics's Purr Evil Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's The Immortal Thor Annual # 1b
  • Ablaze Media's Torpedo 1972 Issue # 4f