Your help is needed on a new feature (Comic Book Forums)

• Your help is needed on a new feature

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 21, 2008 11:21:14 am
  • You should now notice a new link in the navigation called LCS (local comic book store).

I am too cheap to spend the $500 to purchase a list of stores but I need them to get to my ultimate plan. Twisted Evil

Your help is needed to catalog comic stores across America (hopefully other countries later). For each store that you enter you will receive 100 points.

I was able to enter 4 stores in about 5 minutes so it is not hard work. There is no limit to the number of stores you can do...but please check to make sure that the store doesn't exist before adding it.

Here are the ones I have done near me: http://comicbookrealm.com/lcs?r=25&z=66213

The program attempts to get the geocode (latitude and longitude) when you enter them. Don't be alarmed if the map doesn't show an icon for them. I will go back later and clean up any that weren't found.

Thanks!

Last edited June 21, 2008 11:24:37 am
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 21, 2008 12:11:16 pm
  • i've been indexing the stores around my parents houses
    occasionally it just wont register one, i put in the information, click register, and the page comes up and says 'there is nothing around this area'
    this has happened for 2 stores, and i tried twice each time
  • Posted: June 21, 2008 12:12:51 pm
  • it uses google maps...if google maps cant find it, then it wont work....which probably means the address you entered is slightly off
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 21, 2008 12:16:24 pm
  • ohhh
    *triple checks everything*
  • Posted: June 21, 2008 12:17:29 pm
  • Unless you get an error message it likely was entered.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: June 21, 2008 12:23:47 pm
  • The store you were talking about was the Vault. You entered the address as Rapides when it is Rapids, and the zip you entered as 06 when it is 04.

The will just need to be some minor corrections as we go forward.

• Posted: June 21, 2008 2:27:29 pm
  • i really like this idea and i've added 4 shops around me. i didn't want to just copy info down for stores i've never been to so i'm at my limit for now. i guess i'll just have to check out some new ones around me sometime. and i messed up on the first one i did because i copied the phone number and didn't notice it cut off the last 2 numbers because it had ( )'s. the phone number for comic city in novi is 248 449-7114

Last edited June 21, 2008 2:31:17 pm
  • Posted: June 21, 2008 4:12:11 pm
  • alright ive added like 10!im just searching for stores in any city i know of all across the states!
    I Love Comics
  • Posted: June 21, 2008 4:46:30 pm
  • I added the one I go to frequently right now with the "wrong" address. If you are cross checking these, don't change it. They're moving there in 2 weeks. It's literally across the street so it shouldn't cause too many problems though
  • Posted: June 21, 2008 6:07:31 pm
  • just added 2.
32 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Geiger Issue # 4
  • Titan Comics's Gun Honey: Collision Course Issue # 3
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Comics: X-Men Issue # 8b
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Issue # 1illum