Selling New Comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• Selling New Comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 19, 2008 8:56:57 pm
  • Some have requested that I look into possibly selling new comics as a service for you guys. This would be like you coming to me to be your LCS.

Here is what I have found out. There is a minimum order of $425 (retail price). That means that to just "open" an account I have to sell 150 comics at $2.99 each month.

So this would mean that I would need say 30 people to agree to buy 5 comics each month, or 15 to buy 10, etc.

The discount would likely be 25-35% (depending on if I keep any of it as a "service" fee). On top of this there would be either $5 or $10 shipping per order (flat rate priority mail) - unless there is some other alternative.

So hypothetically if someone ordered 10 $2.99 comics the retail cost would be $29.99 but with their discount it would be $19.5-22.50 + shipping.

The discounts go up the more that I buy.

So I guess the question will be how many would take advantage of it and how much would you buy? You can do the math on your own (factor in 30% discount) to determine if it would be beneficial to you. Most people I have talked with said they get 1 shipment every month or two.

Something else to remember is that you would be ordering your comics 2 months in advance (and paying).

Just let me know.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 19, 2008 9:18:49 pm
  • i am moving shortly....so i wouldnt be in the first of it, and i only get about 8-10 books each month (i think, never really paid attention)...but, depending on where i move, i might be interested...assuming there would be a way for us to see 2 months ahead of time to order (missing certain mini series would be horrible)
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 19, 2008 10:48:01 pm
  • that sounds really cool
    i doubt id use it for single issues (i do this through my local store anyway), but a 30% discount on tpb and whatnot would be pretty awesome for me
  • Posted: June 20, 2008 1:03:37 am
  • i think thats a really kool idea however i'm still just trying to fill in holes and read the ones i already have. i also don't read many new comics the only one i'm into is ghost rider. but if you do end up doing it i may be interested in getting a few after i catch up a while from now.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 138 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Fairy Tales Issue # 1b
  • Archie Comics Group's Chilling Adventures Presents: Truth or Dare Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Harley Quinn: Black + White + Redder TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Issue # 167b