MCP is getting bigger... (Comic Book Forums)

• MCP is getting bigger...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 23, 2007 10:06:07 am
  • Not what you think...but it will be better in the long run.

I looked at the stats for the site and I noticed that 95% of the visits over the last month are using screens greater than or equal to 1024w x 768h.

This site when initially built was for around the 800w x 600h crowd. Since about 5% of the traffic is definatley in the minority I am going to widen the site to take advantage of the extra 225px wide space.

What this means is that we should be able to show more data on the screen at one time.

If there are any objections, please let me know. If you are using an 800x600 resolution, please upgrade to a more common standard.

Thanks!

Last edited March 8, 2008 11:28:34 am
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 23, 2007 6:10:11 pm
  • Hey! So I do use a 1280 x 800 laptop, buttttt I kind of like that the site isn't in that widescreen format because it is really really helpful to have more than one window open at a time when I am looking at info from another website or adding new issues, for Wednesdays, and even when I am adding comics from a list of comics I bought on another site. It would be a big pain if when I shrink the windwo to fit more than one window at a time on my screen, that I cut off part of MCP. Tell me if I was understanding what you were actually saying Smile
  • Posted: December 23, 2007 7:16:03 pm
  • I guess I could take a vote? Or maybe provide both versions and make it a user preference (the problem with this is that it makes it more difficult to maintain).

Let's hear what others have to say. I think we would benefit from the increased space but maybe not.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: December 23, 2007 7:35:35 pm
  • hm, those sound like good ideas. have you already done it because the site is lookin really weird for me right now. Everything is spread out a lot further from eachother. I'm doing a lot of scrolling left and right lol
  • Posted: December 23, 2007 8:25:32 pm
  • It should only be there for me...not you.

Try closing out your browser.

• Posted: December 23, 2007 9:02:00 pm
  • weird, its back to normal and I hadn't closed out yet.
  • Posted: January 1, 2008 12:30:21 am
  • i use a larger resolution, but as elementxy mentioned, i do not use mcp in full screen...i am normally doing something else as well (possibly looking at the new release list and such), but normally watching video on tomgreen.com
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 138 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Comic Shop News's Comic Shop News Issue # 1921
  • LoveLove Publishing's Jealousy Blinds Love Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars Issue # 47e
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Darth Vader Issue # 48