Site downtime (Comic Book Forums)

• Site downtime

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 26, 2007 1:41:59 pm
  • I need to do a database migration and it will probably occur around 2am CST on Sunday. I anticipate the downtime being anywhere from 1 - 4 hours depending on how slow things go.

I apologize in advance and I have tried to schedule it at a time when the site is less used.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 26, 2007 1:46:14 pm
  • I'm sure it is for a better future, so I accept your apology
  • Posted: July 26, 2007 1:49:56 pm
  • Well...actually it doesn't benefit us, but because I have to do the work for my company it affects us.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 26, 2007 1:53:11 pm
  • Doesn't your company understand how important the site is? I told my company that I'll need paid time to work on the site every week, and they were very understanding.

And then I woke up and got back to work for real. I'll make sure I'm not at the site at 2am, but you may be alienating our Australian and South African members.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: July 26, 2007 1:57:04 pm
  • True...I guess I could do it next Wednesday night about 5pm CST. That shouldn't affect anyone. ;)

• Posted: July 29, 2007 4:54:19 am
  • Ok so it only took me about 3 hours. Not to bad since I was planning on 4-6.

Please let me know if you see anything that is amiss.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 138 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Archie & Friends: Blockbuster Movies Issue # 1mellow fellow-b
  • IDW Publishing's Godzilla vs Mighty Morphin Power Rangers II Issue # 4online
  • Image Comics's Rifters Issue # 2b
  • Cartoon Books's Thorn: The Complete Proto-BONE College Strips 1982-1986, and Other Early Drawings TPB # 1