Setting Jump Link (Comic Book Forums)

• Setting Jump Link

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 1, 2007 9:08:32 pm
  • I have now completed the User Interface for creating a "Jump Link". it is located in the edit comic information.

A Jump Link is what you will see when a series changes titles, or changes publishers. Basically you tell the jump link where the chain continues at, or is coming from.

Hopefully I have made it simple enough to use.

As always, please let me know if there are any other changes/questions that you might have.

Thanks!
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 1, 2007 10:13:39 pm
  • Simple yet powerful. I've added 3 links, "Solo Avengers" #20 to "Avengers Spotlight" #21, "Revengers/Hybrids Special" #1 to "Hybrids: The Origin" #2, and "The Boys (DC)" #6 to "The Boys (Dynamite)"#7. 3 important points:

1. The information after the "Series" field are on semi-auto. BE PATIENT! A few boxes will appear to help you out, so just wait for them to load.

2. Some users have already added a text description of how the link goes. If you're adding a new jumplink, go into the Details tab and remove the duplicated text description of the link.

3. Don't forget to do the backward jump link. After you've added the start link, you can just click it and add the finish link.

And as always, listen to some good tunes while working on the site. There's nothing like some live "Ecstasy" by Rusted Root to keep you contributing to the site into the wee hours before your next 11-hour day at the office. A well-balanced aural diet is important to everyone's well-being.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: July 2, 2007 10:06:48 am
  • Great feature. One of the things I was hoping for.

Only 1 problem I can find is for the book drop down in order to get the list up you have to change the value in the drop down to something other than issue and then back again. If it is an issue I am looking for then this is a bit annoying.

There is also one other issue that may be harder to do is you can only put on one link on an issue. There is A series which I was trying to link and the only way is with two links.

So here is the link I am trying to do:
    1) DC Versus Marvel Preview (In other titles this is an issue not a separate title so this could fix the problem too)
    Links to:
    2) DC Versus Marvel # 1
    Links to:
    3) Marvel Versus DC # 2

So number 2) is previously 1) and Becomes 3).
  • Posted: July 4, 2007 9:16:32 am
  • You are using Internet Explorer aren't you? You really should get a quality browser. Smile

I have "fixed" it so that it will work in both IE and Firefox.

I also made it so you can create Multiple jump links per issue. It will take some getting used to, but the finish link should be created first then the start link.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 4, 2007 10:57:19 am
  • Yes the browser is IE. I'm using my work laptop at times so I can be upstairs. They control what software is on it.

However a lot of people use IE and you probably want the site to work for everyone so that more users join. I'll be your IE beta tester. Smile

all works great now even the multi-links.

Thanks.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 138 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool & Wolverine: WWIII Issue # 3illum
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Soft Cover # 9
  • Dark Horse Comics's Usagi Yojimbo: The Crow Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men: Blood Hunt - Laura Kinney the Wolverine Issue # 1c