Autoextend timeout (Comic Book Forums)

• Autoextend timeout

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 28, 2007 3:58:07 pm
  • I have now added in the ability for the site to warn you after 15 minutes of inactivity that you are about to be logged out. You will be prompted with a message and you can either extend your time, or you can cancel and be logged out.

If you do not respond to the prompt you will automatically be logged out 5 minutes later.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 28, 2007 4:50:03 pm
  • Having major problems with this feature. Went into the manage collection on my master pile and changed the piles. Went up and clicked update and I get the warning about 15 minutes, clicked OK and clicked update again. continuous loop and the update does not occur. And I was not only active but was not yet on for 15 minutes.

If I click cancel it logs me out.

Any chance the update button got linked to the new function and always triggers the window?
  • Posted: June 28, 2007 5:27:00 pm
  • Let me look into it. I wouldn't imagine it would...but you never know. I will go disable it temporarily.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: June 28, 2007 5:39:29 pm
  • Ok. It is fixed and is currently being synced across all servers.

that is what I get for not naming my functions specific enough! Smile

Thanks for your patience.

• Posted: June 28, 2007 7:09:19 pm
  • Awesome work today DB. Thank you for the great updates.
  • Posted: June 28, 2007 7:27:01 pm
  • the extend auto option pops up every 15 mins. Ive been uploading covers and then the auto extend say ive been inactive for 15 mins.

cool feature though
    tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: June 28, 2007 7:39:55 pm
  • What page are you on? I think what is happening is that it thinks you are inactive because you haven't reloaded that page.

• Posted: June 28, 2007 7:53:08 pm
  • i was having the same issue...i was uploading covers...from different pages...and every 15 minutes i would get the inactive warning...even though i had been moving from page to page to upload covers for different series......to be clear...

I had multiple windows open...since i was uploading some covers for recentlyy added series (thanks), i had one window open that listed the recently added series...i would right click and open in new window the page that i could upload from...so...the original window was inactive....but i was not....maybe that is the issue?
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 28, 2007 8:04:47 pm
  • Most likely yes. Since it has to be a javascript thing, it has no way of easily knowing that you are actually in fact active, but in another window. Now your current window should not be the one warning you, but the original one not being used (reloaded) should be.

• Posted: June 28, 2007 8:11:12 pm
  • i am not one hundred percent sure if what i am about say has any credence now....but i used to only get signed out whenever i was completely inactive, not only when i was inactive in one window....i could scan and submit covers for hours without getting signed out ( i would only actually get signed out when in the forums instead of in the main page)....anyway i dont see this as being an annoyance or anything....a quick mouse click every 15 minutes cant be too bad
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Geiger Issue # 4
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's The Villainess Who Has Been Killed 108 Times Soft Cover # 3
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Comics: X-Men Issue # 4b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Comics: X-Men Issue # 31b