feature requests

New design! (Comic Book Forums)

• New design!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 7:53:34 am
  • Use this forum to discuss the new design. If you encounter problems please provide as much information as possible to replicate the issue. Anything goes!

PLEASE PROVIDE AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE to replicate any issues you are encountering. You can upload screenshots to your pics section or email them to me (username with no spaces at the website).

Last edited August 14, 2018 3:26:28 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 8:22:07 am
  • Awesome! I didn't know this was coming...apparently I missed something if it was announced prior.

Imagine my surprise when I hit refresh on a forum! Nice job team! Applause
    Biggest Michael Turner cover collection on site.
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 8:59:11 am
  • First of all, I'll just say that the new design is slick! I really like it. It will take a little getting used to, since a few of the buttons have been moved, but that's quite minor.

The couple of things that I noticed right away:
    1) I agree with bitbyter0101, the light blue font is a little difficult to read. Blue isn't bad, but maybe darken it up a bit.
    2) The font size on the individual books in the Piles is pretty darn small. I'm sure you had a reason for going with that size, but I can see that being rough on my old eyes after a while.

So that's all I have for you as of right now. Great work though!
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 9:16:04 am
  • I will look at the font color. Is it on specific backgrounds? Like maybe on the darker gray?

Also, are you talking about when viewing a pile's contents?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: August 13, 2018 9:31:31 am
  • The light blue is tough to read on the darker gray, but also a bit challenging on the lighter gray.

Yes, I was referring to viewing the piles contents.

These are just my opinions of course, if you get feedback to the contrary, and neither of these items change, I'd be fine with that too. I'm just happy we have such a great site to use! Thanks. Dancing
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 10:27:40 am
  • Apologies for those encountering the login issue. This has been resolved and you should be able to log in. If you still are having trouble and have reset your password, you might need to reset it one more time and then close out the site so it only sends one email.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 10:46:45 am
  • Agree on the light blue font, darker blue or black would be much easier to read, especially for us OFs.

Overall it looks great, good job on a completely new look. Applause Applause Applause

Stumbling around to try everything with the changes.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 10:50:54 am
  • I was mostly surprised by the new site as I was not able to log on. DB set me up quickly.
    I don't mean to be a Negative Nelly, but I'm a little confused by the new layout. I don't know how to do everything (yet again). I don't know how to clear the "you have a PM" notice at the top. I had a really tough time (still do) on how to use the Forum. My computer skills can fill a thimble, you see. I'll keep trying, but I'm not sure for how long?
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 10:54:31 am
  • Other than the color scheme really nothing else has changed. Everything else is in the same spot it was previously.

I will look into the light blue color...might provide an easy way for people to change it on their own.

Also, to clear the you have a PM notice you should just need to go into your PM and read any open ones...let me know if that doesn't work.

PM was the one spot that really changed as it is now threaded instead of individual.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 12:39:37 pm
  • WOW! I LIKE IT!!!!

BTW....I will be going LIVE on Facebook weekly (sometimes 3-4 times a week) to sell off my duplicates and will be pushing the fact that comicbookrealm is the ONLY place I go for valuation.

Anyone can join in here: https://www.facebook.com/sellingcomics
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 12:44:11 pm
  • The new design is very sharp. As another of the old folks around here I agree the light blue font could be a shade or two darker. I haven't tried everything yet, so will reserve judgment for now, but one thing I miss/could not find is the twitter feed that used to sit so prominently on the front page. I always enjoyed scrolling through that.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 12:51:45 pm
  • Is there a way for members to add info? Like contributers such as artist, writer, etc?
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 2:00:48 pm
  • I like the new design. I agree with the font color issue, a little darker blue would be great.

I did find an issue when viewing images for single issues. If you select an issue (of a run from 1 - 14), say #8. When you click on #8 to enlarge the image it will read as #14 and then if you go up (back to 1) or down (7 -> 1) that image will stay the same as #8 and #14. Couldn't get a screen shot. Also note... viewed on Mac using Safari (may be contributing to issue).
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 6:19:00 pm
  • It was a shocker at first but I'll get used to it. Have other sites that went through the same process Cool
    gets a beer
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 6:31:34 pm
  • Where are the CBR comic exclusives?
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 6:33:11 pm
  • i think the print is a little too light and the numbers of issues is pretty small
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 6:34:45 pm
  • Just turned on my computer & went to "the realm" to be blasted in the face by this DYNAMIC new design! Very, very awesome indeed! Dancing

Thanks DB! Applause
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: August 13, 2018 7:09:00 pm
  • Just to let you know Cable & Deadpool Annual #1 comes out this Wednesday August 15th and it’s not on the list
    Kevin Seymour
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 8:05:22 pm
  • How do I remove a book from my pile? Selecting the checkbox works, but when selecting the red x to delete one, it selects all...
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 8:06:57 pm
  • mpeele said:
    How do I remove a book from my pile? Selecting the checkbox works, but when selecting the red x to delete one, it selects all...
    Same as previously. Put a check in the checkbox and then hit update.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 8:07:59 pm
  • bitbyter0101 said:
    Once again awesome job on new site design. Don't know if this was on purpose but DB searches and page loads are incredibly fast now. Dancing

Well...the previous code base was bloated...a lot of that was removed. Still some more fine tuning now that we are only on the new code base, but it will come in time.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 8:09:51 pm
  • blackhawk88nc said:
    I did find an issue when viewing images for single issues. If you select an issue (of a run from 1 - 14), say #8. When you click on #8 to enlarge the image it will read as #14 and then if you go up (back to 1) or down (7 -> 1) that image will stay the same as #8 and #14. Couldn't get a screen shot. Also note... viewed on Mac using Safari (may be contributing to issue).

Can you try on Chrome on the Mac and see if you have the same issue? It could just be a safari issue and I can take a quick look, but unfortunately it isn't a browser I can devote a lot of time on.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 8:10:49 pm
  • LovetheLizard said:
    Where are the CBR comic exclusives?

Hover over "misc" and a drop list with the rest of the items will be there. I guess I could look into adding a drop arrow.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 8:11:50 pm
  • spidey79 said:
    i think the print is a little too light and the numbers of issues is pretty small

Assuming you are talking about the link color (lighter blue). Not sure where you are talking about the numbers of issues though.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 8:27:47 pm
  • ALL: I have darkened the color a little. Hopefully this helps some.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 9:38:56 pm
  • EBay search does not seem to be working
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 9:52:57 pm
  • Craig.m said:
    EBay search does not seem to be working

Please provide more information. This code was not touched and is currently working on this end. Which one are you trying to do and with what term?

• Posted: August 13, 2018 10:38:28 pm
  • The old grading link is gone. No intentions of replacing it?

(Not a major thing) Just some fuzzy glare in the shadowing of the text in the drop menu bars.

Thank you for the work you have done.

VVV
    Von Van Voom
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 10:40:36 pm
  • VVV said:
    The old grading link is gone. No intentions of replacing it?

(Not a major thing) Just some fuzzy glare in the shadowing of the text in the drop menu bars.

VVV

In the bar in the upper left next to search.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 10:54:09 pm
  • dough boy said:
    VVV said:
    The old grading link is gone. No intentions of replacing it?

VVV

In the bar in the upper left next to search.

Thank You. Still adjusting. Shocked
    Von Van Voom
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 6:20:41 am
  • No problem.

• Posted: August 14, 2018 8:27:40 am
  • dough boy said:
    blackhawk88nc said:

Can you try on Chrome on the Mac and see if you have the same issue? It could just be a safari issue and I can take a quick look, but unfortunately it isn't a browser I can devote a lot of time on.

Tried on Chrome. Still getting same result as Safari. Checked on multiple titles.
    Tried on Firefox. Select title, select issue, select image. Image fills whole screen, you have to go to 'show previous page' to get back to list (no options to scroll images available).
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 8:40:42 am
  • Typically when I'm on the site, I'm bouncing around between looking things up in the guide, and "My Collection" (MC). MC used to be available directly from "my realm" (MR), but now requires an additional click from MR to get into MC. Doing this once or twice is no big deal, but if you are going back and forth multiple times, it gets to be a little bothersome.

Is there a way to set which section of MR comes up by default? I would prefer the MC page, others may prefer the main page with the customizable blocks (which is a really cool feature by the way!), and others may prefer the reports page, or something else. Just an idea. Thanks!

• Posted: August 14, 2018 9:15:07 am
  • Looks great! Wondering how I find the full list on On The Move? I used to access my reports and then click the full list...can’t seem to do that now?
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 9:29:38 am
  • blackhawk88nc said:
    Tried on Chrome. Still getting same result as Safari. Checked on multiple titles.
    Tried on Firefox. Select title, select issue, select image. Image fills whole screen, you have to go to 'show previous page' to get back to list (no options to scroll images available).

So you are?

1. Searching
    2. Clicking on title
    3. Click on issue
    4. Clicking on image
    5. It is opening the wrong image

It is working correctly for me unless I am not following your steps. I also do not know where you would be seeing "show previous page"...

• Posted: August 14, 2018 9:30:59 am
  • mattf73 said:
    Typically when I'm on the site, I'm bouncing around between looking things up in the guide, and "My Collection" (MC). MC used to be available directly from "my realm" (MR), but now requires an additional click from MR to get into MC. Doing this once or twice is no big deal, but if you are going back and forth multiple times, it gets to be a little bothersome.

Is there a way to set which section of MR comes up by default? I would prefer the MC page, others may prefer the main page with the customizable blocks (which is a really cool feature by the way!), and others may prefer the reports page, or something else. Just an idea. Thanks!

Click on "Welcome mattf73!". I think that is what you are looking for.

• Posted: August 14, 2018 9:32:06 am
  • Cashthedog said:
    Looks great! Wondering how I find the full list on On The Move? I used to access my reports and then click the full list...can’t seem to do that now?

Click on "show all" in the banner.

• Posted: August 14, 2018 9:54:29 am
  • dough boy said:
    blackhawk88nc said:

So you are?

1. Searching
    2. Clicking on title
    3. Click on issue
    4. Clicking on image

It is working correctly for me unless I am not following your steps. I also do not know where you would be seeing "show previous page"...

"Show previous page" is the back button (when you hover that's how it reads on a Mac).
    No. Firefox is opening the correct image. Only the image fills the screen (it's not a popup screen) and has no forward or back options (both Safari and Chrome have buttons below the popup image - forward, back and close). Your only option is to go to top of page and use the back button. Click on image, open image full screen, click on back button, click new issue, new image, full screen and back button.

Last edited August 14, 2018 9:55:18 am
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 10:02:43 am
  • "Click on "Welcome mattf73!". I think that is what you are looking for."

D'oh! Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks DB!

• Posted: August 14, 2018 10:44:16 am
  • I cannot seem to see all the comics I own when I click on the the series in my master pile. It shows the number of issues but not which issues I own in some cases... Have others had this issue?
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 11:58:43 am
  • blackhawk88nc said:
    dough boy said:
    blackhawk88nc said:

So you are?

1. Searching
    2. Clicking on title
    3. Click on issue
    4. Clicking on image

"Show previous page" is the back button (when you hover that's how it reads on a Mac).
    No. Firefox is opening the correct image. Only the image fills the screen (it's not a popup screen) and has no forward or back options (both Safari and Chrome have buttons below the popup image - forward, back and close). Your only option is to go to top of page and use the back button. Click on image, open image full screen, click on back button, click new issue, new image, full screen and back button.

DB, I just tried this out and it makes more sense now. Prior to the update, clicking on an issue image directly would open a pop-up of the full image. After the update, clicking to "enlarge" the image navigates to a new page, instead of a pop-up that requires you to hit "back" to get back to the list. See the photos below for reference. Only seems to be an issue with Firefox (for me), Chrome worked fine.

FIREFOX

CHROME

Last edited August 14, 2018 12:10:31 pm
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 12:27:08 pm
  • jf4 said:
    I cannot seem to see all the comics I own when I click on the the series in my master pile. It shows the number of issues but not which issues I own in some cases... Have others had this issue?

Did you click on the + next to each series to see the individual issues? This code didn't change.

• Posted: August 14, 2018 12:29:03 pm
  • Jimbo749 said:
    CHROME

Chrome is how it should be working. It means that in FF (and possibly on Mac's) the picture function isn't getting called first before linking to the image. I will add it to look into.

• Posted: August 14, 2018 12:51:45 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Jimbo749 said:
    CHROME

Chrome is how it should be working. It means that in FF (and possibly on Mac's) the picture function isn't getting called first before linking to the image. I will add it to look into.

Notice on the image (Web of Spider-Man #1 is showing as 126/126 not 1/126). That's the issue I originally was presenting for review.
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 1:14:44 pm
  • dough boy said:
    jf4 said:
    I cannot seem to see all the comics I own when I click on the the series in my master pile. It shows the number of issues but not which issues I own in some cases... Have others had this issue?

Did you click on the + next to each series to see the individual issues? This code didn't change.

Thanks for the tip that does work but I did not see it when I click on the series title for all of them when it is the big list of all the issues not just the ones I have. It is there for most but not all.
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 2:22:57 pm
  • blackhawk88nc said:
    dough boy said:
    Jimbo749 said:
    CHROME

Notice on the image (Web of Spider-Man #1 is showing as 126/126 not 1/126). That's the issue I originally was presenting for review.

I think that may be an issue with the series database, but not sure. It looks like there are (2) images for Issue #1... Photo 128/128 says Web of Spider-Man Issue 1 but Photo 1/128 says Web of Spider-Man Issue #1... same image two separate file names (one has the #, one doesn't). Maybe check another series as well, could be just this volume.
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 2:46:34 pm
  • Click on comic price and it NO longer pulls up the grade vs price chart like it use to. Did you move it or is it a display problem??
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 2:48:43 pm
  • Jimbo749 said:
    blackhawk88nc said:

I think that may be an issue with the series database, but not sure. It looks like there are (2) images for Issue #1... Photo 128/128 says Web of Spider-Man Issue 1 but Photo 1/128 says Web of Spider-Man Issue #1... same image two separate file names (one has the #, one doesn't). Maybe check another series as well, could be just this volume.

I checked it on multiple titles (on Safari, Chrome and Firefox). Both Safari and Chrome are taking the image you select and showing that image for the 'selected' and also for the last image of the series. Did this on every title I selected in these two browsers. If you selected issue #3 and then using the back button on the image when it got to 126, you would see the image of issue 3.
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 2:59:52 pm
  • Lucasknights7 said:
    Just to let you know Cable & Deadpool Annual #1 comes out this Wednesday August 15th and it’s not on the list

We are still currently working on this weeks new releases. The issue you questioning has been added. In the future, start a new post under Missing Publishers/Series/Issues.
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 3:18:06 pm
  • blackhawk88nc said:

That is because the individual issue image on the right is now linked to all of the ones on the left. So technically 1 and the last 1 are the exact same. Previously if you clicked on that image you would have to close it, then go click on the image icon to open the gallery. Now they work together.

If you load issue 8 on the right, then click on the image it will be the last image in the list as well as whatever # it is on the left. So this is working as intended.

Last edited August 14, 2018 3:25:29 pm

• Posted: August 14, 2018 3:19:19 pm
  • jf4 said:
    Thanks for the tip that does work but I did not see it when I click on the series title for all of them when it is the big list of all the issues not just the ones I have. It is there for most but not all.

Can you email me a screenshot of what you are seeing? My username (no spaces) at this website.

• Posted: August 14, 2018 3:20:52 pm
  • LandLocked said:
    Click on comic price and it NO longer pulls up the grade vs price chart like it use to. Did you move it or is it a display problem??

I just clicked on the price for Web of Spider-Man #1 and got the estimated pricing overlay. Again, what browser are you using? Are you getting an error message, etc.?

Last edited August 14, 2018 3:23:48 pm

• Posted: August 14, 2018 8:14:24 pm
  • bitbyter0101 said:
    junobeach said:
    Is there a way for members to add info? Like contributers such as artist, writer, etc?

Click the icon shown in the picture below.

Awesome, thanks
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 8:17:32 pm
  • How do I reset my password. Thanks
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 8:25:27 pm
  • kennyspencer115 said:
    How do I reset my password. Thanks

I am assuming since you are posting you mean change it? Click on Welcome kennyspender115! and then click on edit next to your user information.

• Posted: August 14, 2018 8:40:33 pm
  • bitbyter0101 said:
    Sorry dough boy didn't see your post.Very Happy Both ways will get ya there.

NP...thanks for the help! Been a lot more answering questions than I am used to and I didn't think I changed things up all that much. Laughing

• Posted: August 15, 2018 2:41:51 am
  • I hate to be the odd man out, and I know you need to keep costs down. . .but the new overlay looks about as basic as something my daughter would build for a high school computer class project. I know that everything that was here before is still under the new paint job, but that paint job is pretty bad. Sorry. . . Sad

But then again. . .I AM a guy who still pays actual money for Tom King's Batman twice a month, so my opinion might be a bit questionable.

Last edited August 15, 2018 6:53:25 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 15, 2018 10:26:00 am
  • atom said:
    I hate to be the odd man out, and I know you need to keep costs down. . .but the new overlay looks about as basic as something my daughter would build for a high school computer class project. I know that everything that was here before is still under the new paint job, but that paint job is pretty bad. Sorry. . . Sad

But then again. . .I AM a guy who still pays actual money for Tom King's Batman twice a month, so my opinion might be a bit questionable.

To each their own I guess. This now looks like a clean/modern website unlike what had existed before for the last decade that was cobbled together as I went along. At a minimum it is an improvement over the old site. Now it might not be the sexiest thing ever, but it is still better.

• Posted: August 15, 2018 11:45:50 am
  • I'll get used to it. It does seem to run faster.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 15, 2018 2:04:06 pm
  • atom said:
    I'll get used to it. It does seem to run faster.

It takes advantage of newer libraries, a smaller footprint (less markup) and optimized code. Not to mention we moved more things to a CDN as well.

• Posted: August 15, 2018 3:53:30 pm
  • Clicking on images for any given series takes me to a new page on Firefox, instead of the popup I get in Chrome.
  • Posted: August 15, 2018 4:22:11 pm
  • I have heard that. For now use Chrome which is the browser of choice and I will have to see if I can get it working in Firefox.

• Posted: August 15, 2018 4:31:24 pm
  • Really, really miss having the series search always on the top left. When I'm at a con or something I want to be able to search for a series or book without having to go back to the home page each time.
    Also can you change the text font to black. This light blue is is horrible to try and read.
    If anything, change all the color setting back to what you had. They were easy to see and understand. What you have now looks more like a first try. Sorry to say but it looks like you took a giant step back to me. Sorry, just my honest opinion.
  • Posted: August 15, 2018 4:34:04 pm
  • What do you mean go back to the home page to search? The search box is in the top bar at the top of EVERY page.

The text color is black. The link color is blue...just like on the old site. It was a lighter blue a few days ago, but now it is a darker blue.

• Posted: August 15, 2018 5:44:33 pm
  • Does anyone know the path to "on the Move-Show all"?
  • Posted: August 15, 2018 7:41:13 pm
  • Open the on the move report (same way as previously) and then click show all (found to the right of "On the Move").

• Posted: August 16, 2018 5:29:45 pm
  • When I click to view a cover image, I can no longer scroll thru the different covers. I have to completely go back in my browser.
  • Posted: August 16, 2018 5:52:25 pm
  • the new design won't allow me to access DC titles
  • Posted: August 16, 2018 6:05:25 pm
  • Alright, I think the image view thing is working now in firefox. Please let me know.

For some reason it seems to require 2 clicks to get it to work, but after that it is smooth sailing. I will look further into that.

• Posted: August 16, 2018 6:06:20 pm
  • Mrron said:
    the new design won't allow me to access DC titles

It might have been broken during your experience. Please try again.

• Posted: August 16, 2018 6:23:29 pm
  • Having much more trouble seeing my collection, adding new issues, and navigating.

I don't se what you were "improving".
  • Posted: August 16, 2018 7:07:02 pm
  • Greywlf said:
    Having much more trouble seeing my collection, adding new issues, and navigating.

I don't se what you were "improving".

To see your collection: Click on "Welcome greywlf!"
    Adding new issues: NOTHING changed
    Navigating, unless you frequented pages that are now under Misc nothing changed

Last edited August 16, 2018 7:07:44 pm

• Posted: August 16, 2018 8:40:03 pm
  • looks like the ebay analyzer is not operational. Never knew it was a thing but it looks as though the search button links are broken.
  • Posted: August 16, 2018 8:41:15 pm
  • Actually the eBay APIs are down. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that.

• Posted: August 17, 2018 12:23:26 pm
  • I can not find the option where it tells the value depending on condition. Have you dropped this from the site. I used to be to click on the value of a particular comic and values would come up. It would not for me.

Thanks.
  • Posted: August 17, 2018 12:32:26 pm
  • Hasn't changed (actually it works now since it was broken on the old design).

• Posted: August 17, 2018 5:02:28 pm
  • How is the site load speed for everyone? For me at least on several computers (even 6+ years in one case) the site is flying.

• Posted: August 17, 2018 5:52:49 pm
  • Site is quick, even on my 5 year old laptop
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 17, 2018 11:15:14 pm
  • Yes, a night and day difference between the old site and the new one. All pages are loading very fast!

• Posted: August 18, 2018 2:03:57 pm
  • A little late to the party here. I haven't fully played around yet, but I have noticed a pretty big issue for myself. The colors. Full disclosure, I am partially colorblind. When looking at my piles or search results I cannot read every other result. Reading this thread I know some change was made to the colors and I cannot speak to that. All I can say is I cannot do much at the moment.
  • Posted: August 18, 2018 3:50:41 pm
  • So which can you read? The one you posted or the one before?

• Posted: August 18, 2018 4:44:30 pm
  • Posted: August 18, 2018 4:52:59 pm
  • Ok...i will see if i can lighten that background. You might have been able to read it before the color change for others.

• Posted: August 18, 2018 5:24:06 pm
  • or even a skin color changing option in your profile, that way people can choose...just and idea...Very Happy
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 18, 2018 7:42:34 pm
  • Alright, I lightened it. Can you see things better now?

Also, it appears those that have been having issues (other than color scheme) have been on IE. I will try to do what I can to support IE, but it currently only makes up 5% or so of our traffic. That being said I believe I was able to get the value by grade working again for you guys.

There appears to also be another error that is preventing ads from working on IE (which could explain some of the other issues). I have reached out to the ad vendor for them to address.

• Posted: August 19, 2018 10:18:55 am
  • dough boy said:
    Open the on the move report (same way as previously) and then click show all (found to the right of "On the Move").

I see it now. The problem is that it is embedded behind the facebook, twitter, etc links. I can't click on "show all" using Firefox. Thanks for your help dough boy.
  • Posted: August 19, 2018 11:16:06 am
  • I agree blue font is difficult.....also anyone else only loading half their lists? Mine stops at P then just plus signs no titles. Thanks for keeping the site going though, really appreciate the effort
  • Posted: August 19, 2018 12:00:46 pm
  • The blue font is only links and is now the same as it was on the old site.

Can you provide more information on what you are talking about? What "lists"? Take a screenshot and upload it to your account or email it to me (my username no space at this website).

• Posted: August 19, 2018 12:23:06 pm
  • Love the re-design !
  • Posted: August 19, 2018 5:32:10 pm
  • I went through some pages in FF and IE and I see where there were things that were not lining up (for instance the show all on the "On the Move" report was under the share bar). I cleaned up what I found.

PLEASE...if you notice ANYTHING wrong, or think functionality was removed you must tell me how to replicate the issue and WHAT BROWSER you are using. It will save a lot of time providing this basic information.

Also, remember, Chrome is the CBR official browser. I will try to support the other browsers, but they all make up minimal traffic. If it is an easy fix and doesn't impact Chrome then I will get it done.

Thanks!

• Posted: August 20, 2018 1:01:32 pm
  • Hey, thanks for the attention to how pics show in Firefox; that's working good now!

It looks like historical pricing is loading a new page instead of the popup, like the pics were before.
  • Posted: August 20, 2018 1:44:56 pm
  • Dang firefox. Can't you use a real browser? Twisted Evil

I will look into it.

• Posted: August 20, 2018 6:50:42 pm
  • I don't lurk around the Realm as much as I used to but I had to stop by to post my approval of the new design. As a regular blogger, I have often been frustrated by some of the formatting challenges I experienced when using that feature. Many times I would have to edit some glitches out of the content after posting. With this new Realm design, everything looks perfect. During my first encounter with the improved blogging feature, it took me a few minutes to locate all the tools I normally utilize, but it was not hard to adjust. Thanks to everyone involved with providing the improvements to this site!
  • Posted: August 21, 2018 11:46:10 am
  • dough boy said:
    I went through some pages in FF and IE and I see where there were things that were not lining up (for instance the show all on the "On the Move" report was under the share bar). I cleaned up what I found.

PLEASE...if you notice ANYTHING wrong, or think functionality was removed you must tell me how to replicate the issue and WHAT BROWSER you are using. It will save a lot of time providing this basic information.

Also, remember, Chrome is the CBR official browser. I will try to support the other browsers, but they all make up minimal traffic. If it is an easy fix and doesn't impact Chrome then I will get it done.

Thanks!

Thanks again dough boy for the "show all" help
  • Posted: August 21, 2018 12:04:10 pm
  • Just fixed a few more FF and IE specific issues related to the guide. The history chart and indexing button should now be working too.

• Posted: August 22, 2018 12:42:36 am
  • There's something wrong with the "Blogs" tab. The only blog showing up is one from 2011. It was working fine when you first did the makeover.
  • Posted: August 22, 2018 6:59:10 am
  • atom said:
    There's something wrong with the "Blogs" tab. The only blog showing up is one from 2011. It was working fine when you first did the makeover.

Thanks for the heads up. That was a strange one. Basically that page is cached for 24 hours (or until someone makes or updates a post). Turns out it expired and the first time it was rebuilt someone happened to be searching on a term.

Hopefully it is "fixed" so it won't happen again.

• Posted: August 22, 2018 8:37:54 am
  • Thanks for the fix! Now I can get my weekly shot of Mekdinosaur's Legion of Superheroes epic journey . . . and I don't even LIKE LOS! Good stuff. Dancing

Last edited August 22, 2018 8:45:44 am
  • Posted: August 23, 2018 2:48:34 pm
  • looks much cleaner and more professional. there are a few visual tweaks that could make things a bit more intuitive, but so far the heavy feedback has helped nail down most bugs i ran into at the start.

keep it up!

ps, just got my CBR variant of ASM#1 - arrived in beautiful condition. Smile
    "Always do the right thing."

http://kmcook.com
  • Posted: August 24, 2018 8:09:22 am
  • Hi, just wondering did you remove the edit function or is it just moved somewhere i can't see? For example i used to be able to add in useful information like cover artists and date of release etc.
  • Posted: August 24, 2018 8:15:48 am
  • It is right next to the "Issue: #". It is an Edit Icon.

• Posted: August 24, 2018 8:24:05 am
  • Excellent. Thank you!!
  • Posted: August 25, 2018 9:59:17 pm
  • I am having trouble on the app. cant see have of my files sense the make over of comic book realm
  • Posted: August 29, 2018 8:11:24 pm
  • I don't know if it was intentional or not. But in the reports, where you could click on the comics in your own pile to see what was on the move. It also had an option to look at "ALL" comics on the move, whether or not you had them. I really liked that feature.
  • Posted: August 29, 2018 9:57:55 pm
  • Don't know where to post so I will post here. The 2018 X-23 issue #1 says Unknown Variant. The artist for the cover is Luis Parrillo. I guess you call it the Parrillo Variant.
  • Posted: August 30, 2018 12:07:24 am
  • I just want to say that I think you all did such an amazing job here in the new design. Getting back in to collecting the past couple of years, I had to do some major catch up and research being away for so long. I looked at several sites at that time to get the best information to stay on top of what was out there in the comic world, and tracking the values and movements.
    At that very start, I think I went back and forth between 3 sites (one being this one). It didn't take long for me to realize that this was the only site that I was going to use. So, I have been using it to get any and all information I may need, and to track values of what I had as well as any purchases to be made.
    So...jumping back to the current time line, I open up CBR and see the make over. WOW! I had to explore it more thoroughly then I had been using it in the past. You can join and be a member? There is more to this?? Well dang, I sure had my blinders on. You have such a great thing here. There is SO MUCH to this site and I am finding myself spending more of my spare time here. I joined, logged my books, which took forever but it really was a fun experience, engaging more in forum talks and chatting with members.
    Anyways, big applause here, and you have a great thing going. Even more awesome is that you provide this great service for free to so many people.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
111 posts • Page 1 of 12
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • D.C. Thomson & Co.'s Commando: For Action and Adventure Issue # 5742
  • Comic Art Publishers's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 3
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 4
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 70b