New design! (Comic Book Forums)

• New design!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 9:54:29 am
  • dough boy said:
    blackhawk88nc said:
    Tried on Chrome. Still getting same result as Safari. Checked on multiple titles.
    Tried on Firefox. Select title, select issue, select image. Image fills whole screen, you have to go to 'show previous page' to get back to list (no options to scroll images available).

So you are?

1. Searching
    2. Clicking on title
    3. Click on issue
    4. Clicking on image
    5. It is opening the wrong image

It is working correctly for me unless I am not following your steps. I also do not know where you would be seeing "show previous page"...

"Show previous page" is the back button (when you hover that's how it reads on a Mac).
    No. Firefox is opening the correct image. Only the image fills the screen (it's not a popup screen) and has no forward or back options (both Safari and Chrome have buttons below the popup image - forward, back and close). Your only option is to go to top of page and use the back button. Click on image, open image full screen, click on back button, click new issue, new image, full screen and back button.

Last edited August 14, 2018 9:55:18 am
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 10:02:43 am
  • "Click on "Welcome mattf73!". I think that is what you are looking for."

D'oh! Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks DB!
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 10:44:16 am
  • I cannot seem to see all the comics I own when I click on the the series in my master pile. It shows the number of issues but not which issues I own in some cases... Have others had this issue?
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 11:58:43 am
  • blackhawk88nc said:
    dough boy said:
    blackhawk88nc said:
    Tried on Chrome. Still getting same result as Safari. Checked on multiple titles.
    Tried on Firefox. Select title, select issue, select image. Image fills whole screen, you have to go to 'show previous page' to get back to list (no options to scroll images available).

So you are?

1. Searching
    2. Clicking on title
    3. Click on issue
    4. Clicking on image
    5. It is opening the wrong image

It is working correctly for me unless I am not following your steps. I also do not know where you would be seeing "show previous page"...

"Show previous page" is the back button (when you hover that's how it reads on a Mac).
    No. Firefox is opening the correct image. Only the image fills the screen (it's not a popup screen) and has no forward or back options (both Safari and Chrome have buttons below the popup image - forward, back and close). Your only option is to go to top of page and use the back button. Click on image, open image full screen, click on back button, click new issue, new image, full screen and back button.

DB, I just tried this out and it makes more sense now. Prior to the update, clicking on an issue image directly would open a pop-up of the full image. After the update, clicking to "enlarge" the image navigates to a new page, instead of a pop-up that requires you to hit "back" to get back to the list. See the photos below for reference. Only seems to be an issue with Firefox (for me), Chrome worked fine.

FIREFOX

CHROME

Last edited August 14, 2018 12:10:31 pm
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 12:27:08 pm
  • jf4 said:
    I cannot seem to see all the comics I own when I click on the the series in my master pile. It shows the number of issues but not which issues I own in some cases... Have others had this issue?

Did you click on the + next to each series to see the individual issues? This code didn't change.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 12:29:03 pm
  • Jimbo749 said:
    CHROME

Chrome is how it should be working. It means that in FF (and possibly on Mac's) the picture function isn't getting called first before linking to the image. I will add it to look into.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 12:51:45 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Jimbo749 said:
    CHROME

Chrome is how it should be working. It means that in FF (and possibly on Mac's) the picture function isn't getting called first before linking to the image. I will add it to look into.

Notice on the image (Web of Spider-Man #1 is showing as 126/126 not 1/126). That's the issue I originally was presenting for review.
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 1:14:44 pm
  • dough boy said:
    jf4 said:
    I cannot seem to see all the comics I own when I click on the the series in my master pile. It shows the number of issues but not which issues I own in some cases... Have others had this issue?

Did you click on the + next to each series to see the individual issues? This code didn't change.

Thanks for the tip that does work but I did not see it when I click on the series title for all of them when it is the big list of all the issues not just the ones I have. It is there for most but not all.
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 2:22:57 pm
  • blackhawk88nc said:
    dough boy said:
    Jimbo749 said:
    CHROME

Notice on the image (Web of Spider-Man #1 is showing as 126/126 not 1/126). That's the issue I originally was presenting for review.

I think that may be an issue with the series database, but not sure. It looks like there are (2) images for Issue #1... Photo 128/128 says Web of Spider-Man Issue 1 but Photo 1/128 says Web of Spider-Man Issue #1... same image two separate file names (one has the #, one doesn't). Maybe check another series as well, could be just this volume.
  • Posted: August 14, 2018 2:46:34 pm
  • Click on comic price and it NO longer pulls up the grade vs price chart like it use to. Did you move it or is it a display problem??
111 posts • Page 1 of 12
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Daredevil: The Woman Without Fear Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Masterworks: The Defenders Hard Cover # 8b
  • Skybound's Scarlett Issue # 1 - 2nd print b
  • GP Putnams Sons's The Ghostkeeper Hard Cover # 1