feature requests

New design! (Comic Book Forums)

• New design!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 7:53:34 am
  • Use this forum to discuss the new design. If you encounter problems please provide as much information as possible to replicate the issue. Anything goes!

PLEASE PROVIDE AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE to replicate any issues you are encountering. You can upload screenshots to your pics section or email them to me (username with no spaces at the website).

Last edited August 14, 2018 3:26:28 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 8:22:07 am
  • Awesome! I didn't know this was coming...apparently I missed something if it was announced prior.

Imagine my surprise when I hit refresh on a forum! Nice job team! Applause
    Biggest Michael Turner cover collection on site (...and coast?).
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 8:59:11 am
  • First of all, I'll just say that the new design is slick! I really like it. It will take a little getting used to, since a few of the buttons have been moved, but that's quite minor.

The couple of things that I noticed right away:
    1) I agree with bitbyter0101, the light blue font is a little difficult to read. Blue isn't bad, but maybe darken it up a bit.
    2) The font size on the individual books in the Piles is pretty darn small. I'm sure you had a reason for going with that size, but I can see that being rough on my old eyes after a while.

So that's all I have for you as of right now. Great work though!
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 9:16:04 am
  • I will look at the font color. Is it on specific backgrounds? Like maybe on the darker gray?

Also, are you talking about when viewing a pile's contents?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: August 13, 2018 9:31:31 am
  • The light blue is tough to read on the darker gray, but also a bit challenging on the lighter gray.

Yes, I was referring to viewing the piles contents.

These are just my opinions of course, if you get feedback to the contrary, and neither of these items change, I'd be fine with that too. I'm just happy we have such a great site to use! Thanks. Dancing
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 10:27:40 am
  • Apologies for those encountering the login issue. This has been resolved and you should be able to log in. If you still are having trouble and have reset your password, you might need to reset it one more time and then close out the site so it only sends one email.

• Posted: August 13, 2018 10:46:45 am
  • Agree on the light blue font, darker blue or black would be much easier to read, especially for us OFs.

Overall it looks great, good job on a completely new look. Applause Applause Applause

Stumbling around to try everything with the changes.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 10:50:54 am
  • I was mostly surprised by the new site as I was not able to log on. DB set me up quickly.
    I don't mean to be a Negative Nelly, but I'm a little confused by the new layout. I don't know how to do everything (yet again). I don't know how to clear the "you have a PM" notice at the top. I had a really tough time (still do) on how to use the Forum. My computer skills can fill a thimble, you see. I'll keep trying, but I'm not sure for how long?
  • Posted: August 13, 2018 10:54:31 am
  • Other than the color scheme really nothing else has changed. Everything else is in the same spot it was previously.

I will look into the light blue color...might provide an easy way for people to change it on their own.

Also, to clear the you have a PM notice you should just need to go into your PM and read any open ones...let me know if that doesn't work.

PM was the one spot that really changed as it is now threaded instead of individual.

111 posts • Page 1 of 12
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 47 years, 271 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Ballantine Books's Garfield: Complete Works TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Knights: Fantastic Four - By Morrison & Lee: 1234 TPB # 1
  • IDW Publishing's Sword Of Ages Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Venom Issue # 3unknown-b