Symantec flagging as suspicious web page (Comic Book Forums)

• Symantec flagging as suspicious web page

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 11:30:28 pm
  • This has been happening to me for a few weeks now. What can i do?
    I click continue to website, only to get the same message a few clicks later.

link to image

http://imgur.com/a/3Uzb9

Last edited August 31, 2016 11:31:10 pm
  • Posted: September 1, 2016 10:04:25 am
  • It sounds like either a false positive or perhaps they think there is a problem with an ad? I use Chrome all the time and do not have an issue. Are both of you using Norton?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 1, 2016 11:49:07 am
  • dough boy said:
    It sounds like either a false positive or perhaps they think there is a problem with an ad? I use Chrome all the time and do not have an issue. Are both of you using Norton?
    Yes, using Norton Security, latest version, and chrome.

edit: I also have ublock origin installed, maybe that is causing issues? disabling it to see if it helps

Last edited September 1, 2016 11:55:41 am
  • Posted: September 1, 2016 10:51:53 pm
  • I use Norton with Chrome and haven't had any issues yet Pray
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 2, 2016 6:24:11 am
  • Can you guys try using incognito mode?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 2, 2016 12:41:22 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Can you guys try using incognito mode?
    Sure, will try that. Turning off Ublock Origin didn't help
  • Posted: September 2, 2016 1:01:41 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Can you guys try using incognito mode?

I don't understand what incognito is supposed to do. When I put it on, it opens a new window and all my favorite sites I have pinned are closed.
    I'm convinced that my problem is not the technology, but some supernatural force. (Or some high-tech hacker pretending to be a ghost like on -Doo.) Since my last post my internet has intermittently gone out every 5-10 minutes. Yesterday, I could barely use the internet at all.

Visit Still Only 35 Cents at https://www.ebay.com/usr/stillonly35cents!
    Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stillonly35cents/
  • Posted: September 2, 2016 1:51:10 pm
  • Incognito mode generally strips out all of the cookies, sites, extensions etc so we can see if there are other things interfering with things.

I.e. if you don't have problems on IE or FF I wonder if there is a common extension you guys are using causing problems.

12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 281 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Blood Hunt Issue # 3redband-a
  • Z2 Comics's Ibaraki and Friends Hard Cover # 1b
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Usagi Yojimbo: Saturday Morning Adventures Issue # 1stashhhloot
  • Avery Hill Publishing's Victory Point Soft Cover # 1