Problem with Pricing Pop Up (Comic Book Forums)

• Problem with Pricing Pop Up

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 11, 2015 12:12:00 pm
  • I noticed today that if I was logged into my account the pricing pop-up that shows book values based on grade doesn't appear. However if I'm not logged into my account it works just fine. I tested the issue on Firefox as well as IE and had the exact same experience.

Has anyone seen this before?

Any suggestions or is this a bug that requires resolution?
  • Posted: September 11, 2015 1:14:30 pm
  • I just logged in on IE in a "regular" account and after hitting the "ok" or "x" button it closes.

Have you tried clearing your cache? Do you have some sort of rule to not allow "alert" boxes?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 11, 2015 4:25:13 pm
  • Let me make sure I'm being completely clear. It works 100% of the time as long as I am not logged into my account. As soon as I log into my account, it does not work at all. It doesn't matter what browser I use.

I'll admit to not being the most technically adept person, so I cleared my cache....but my experience didn't change. Would there be a rule that my browser might have that only applies when I'm logged into a website? That seems unusual.
  • Posted: September 11, 2015 7:06:00 pm
  • No. But what I am saying is I logged in under two separate accounts and both could click on the price and the alert box appeared with the CGC pricing. Is there a specific title/issue this is happening on? Are you experiencing a javascript error or anything? Are you using US pricing?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 17, 2015 10:19:25 am
  • It's happening to me on every title. I've checked it across probably a hundred titles at this point, on IE, FireFox and Chrome and the result is always the same. No error is coming up for me, but I'm going to take time at lunch today to ensure I'm running the most up to date java on my system.

I'm using whatever pricing it defaults to. I wasn't aware there were pricing options. Where would that be controlled?
  • Posted: September 17, 2015 11:24:41 am
  • DB I have the same issue on my lap top at home, my wifes lap top and my work computer...not sure what the problem is but it's been over a month since it has worked for me.

Last edited September 17, 2015 11:25:01 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 17, 2015 12:17:53 pm
  • So to make sure I am clear we are talking about when you click on the price in the value column the alert box that shows pricing per grade level is not appearing for you guys?

I don't think this code has been changed in years...and considering it is working for some (me on several accounts on several browsers) I am not sure what the problem could be.

I hate to ask this but are you both in Canada? Are you using USD or CAD for pricing?

• Posted: September 17, 2015 12:21:44 pm
  • Yes the price across from the issue # in the column on the left where all the issues are listed
    I list my comics in US$
    I use chrome
    In Canada

Last edited September 17, 2015 12:23:25 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 18, 2015 12:44:51 pm
  • I am also in Canada.

I list my comics in US$ as well.

I've doubloe-checked my Java to ensure it's up to date. Everything is running fine on that end. As stated, it works flawlessly....UNLESS....I log in. And then it doesn't work. Very strange.

I've tested 3 different browsers on 2 different machines.

Is there any chance that something happens when I log in that isn't happening when I'm not logged in? A cross check to see what country I'm in (for example?) that it doesn't do if I'm not logged in?
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 281 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's 300 Issue # 1ce/megacon-b
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 9
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 61
  • Mad Cave Studios's Morning Star Issue # 3