Ultimate 100 Auction (Comic Book Forums)

• Ultimate 100 Auction

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 5, 2007 1:23:02 pm
  • For the first and only time, all 100 Ultimate Spider-Man #100's were on display last weekend. At the end of the showing, one of them (I believe Bill Morrison's) was auctioned off.

I called and it appears it went for $425. Assuming that all books are "as hot" that is a sizable chunk of change for a good cause. Although we all know that some of the covers will probably go for much more.

Now only if I could afford one. Smile

Anyone up for a MyComicPile.com Auction? Assuming we raise enough to actually buy a book, every $5 gets you one entry.

So if we had 100 people chip in $5, and I could win one of the books for $500, 1 of the 100 would walk away with it. So the Hero Initiative would get $500, 1 person would get an awesome addition to their collection, and the other 99 would get the satisfaction of knowing they helped out a great cause.

If we raise enough for multiple books, then more can win. If we fail to raise enough to get a book, we can always donate it to the Hero Initiative.

What are your thoughts? Do you think we can do it? If you would like to participate, send your donation via PayPal to sales @ mycomicpile.com and indicate it is for the Ultimate Spider-Man 100. Your donation must be in by March as that is when the remaining books will be auctioned off on eBay.

I will update this post with those that have donated and the amount raised thus far.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Entry's: 1
    Raised: $25

Members:

Dough Boy (I can't win)

Last edited February 18, 2007 9:07:26 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 17, 2007 10:30:08 pm
  • hey doughboy! do you think we could raise enough money til march? i'm planning to chip in but i'm kinda running short right now... hehe.. when will the auction start exactly?
  • Posted: February 18, 2007 6:54:42 am
  • I would be surprised if we can, since this has be up for almost 2 weeks and we have only had 1 person interested. I would guess we would need to raise probably at least $400, but because we are short on time, i just don't see enough interest to hit that goal.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 18, 2007 10:27:42 am
  • yeah.. you're right.. tsk.. oh well.. that's life.. hehe.. Smile
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Absolute Power: Task Force VII Issue # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's Daredevil Issue # 11
  • Dark Horse Comics's Goblin TPB # 2
  • Image Comics's Kid Cudi Presents: Moon Man Issue # 3b