Another bunch of crap ads (Comic Book Forums)

• Another bunch of ads

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 19, 2015 1:01:55 pm
  • OK several ads popping up and when try to close pop up others. One is American Comics, another Hot Deals. Another pops up when entering My Realm, pops up a Warning may be in PC danger. Last one won't close and locks up browser - had to close Cfrome. Finally a Nissan video that syas you can close in 5 seconds but keeps rerunning over and over and will not close.

Any chance of a paid membership in the future with no ads? d'oh!
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: January 19, 2015 1:09:06 pm
  • Another is ad by Solution Real. Can close but pops back up quickly. Between American Comics, Hot Deals and Solution Real, a third of my laptop screen is blocked.
  • Posted: January 19, 2015 2:09:40 pm
  • Trying to update My Realm and the American Comics pops up every page, shifting all over.

Between that and Deals and Nissan pop-ups, screen keeps jumping, updates very hard to do.
  • Posted: January 19, 2015 2:51:44 pm
  • Plus all kinds of pop-up Update ads that install nuisance and viral programs.

Running Version 39.0.2171.99 m, updates almost impossible. Will check back in a few days and try again.
  • Posted: January 19, 2015 6:37:39 pm
  • Spa we have a strict no popup policy...can you make sure you don't have malware on your computer?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 20, 2015 8:57:30 am
  • After last malware problem I have McAfee installed with active scans. And I run weekly full scans, so hopefully not.

What about the American Comics and Nissan ads? Are those just happening with me?
  • Posted: January 20, 2015 9:25:04 am
  • I am not hearing from anyone else they are having issues...I will send you a PM.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 20, 2015 4:45:32 pm
  • Not seeing anything like you're talking about Spa-fon
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 21, 2015 11:58:18 am
  • My humble apologies to DB and CBR members. Embarassed

Apparently I have malware that only seems to affect me on CBR. At least have found no other sites it has an effect on. DB is helping me clear it. So far, no solution, but still trying. Maybe I'll just get an iPad!!!

Very frustrating!
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 281 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 66
  • Viz Media's Mission: Yozakura Family Soft Cover # 11
  • Kodansha Comics's Peach Boy Riverside Soft Cover # 14
  • Entity Comics's Zen Intergalactic Ninja: Color Issue ashcan