Lotsa Features (Comic Book Forums)

• Lotsa Features

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 14, 2007 6:33:43 pm
  • Well...this has been a long time coming, and was more difficult than I initially thought, but this wave of enhancements was well worth it.

When updating the index information for an issue you can now store:

-If the cover has a distinguisher like 'Early', 'Mid', or 'Late'
    -The number of "actual" pages for the book
    -The ISBN for the book
    -The print run for the book (see CBGXtra for sales data)
    -Indicate whether it is a free book or not
    -And last but not least you can enter ALL of the contributors for a book

Please try it out and let me know where I can make improvements.

I will be adding some other things, i.e. displaying the data not currently displayed (ISBN, Pages, etc.), and I will also find a way for you to search by the ISBN as well.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 14, 2007 9:17:55 pm
  • So far your updates look great thanks for the hard work!!
  • Posted: January 14, 2007 10:50:25 pm
  • Thank you for the update. I especially like how easy it is now to find contributors, and the option to select free as the cover price.

quick question: when i submit information, the page no longer tells me the information has been submitted. do i need to fill out every piece of information to submit it?

also, what info needs to be entered in order to remove an issue from the "missing information" page?

thank you for the site.
  • Posted: January 15, 2007 7:16:54 am
  • Ah the missing info report, I forgot about that. I will have to redo it so it takes into consideration the new changes.

I decided that we are all adults here, and if someone messes something up, someone else can fix it. Just like wikipedia. So with that being said, all changes are live, and you can now also create your contributor on the fly without requesting it.

I am sure there will be other kinks, but those will get worked out.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: January 15, 2007 12:56:46 pm
  • great job, dough boy! Very nice set of new features.

it is good to know, that i will now be able to clean up the mess i made, when i have been to fast on the enter-button again.

Finding and selecting contributers is a lot easier now, but it seems, that it is no longer possible, to relate a person to more than one type of contribution. when somebody did the story, art and cover of an issue, he will only show up as one of those after you submitted the information.

this also seems to concern the old indexes, that already were in the database. I hope, this is only a matter of displaying and not a real loss of data.

good luck for working out this kink and keep up the great work!
  • Posted: January 15, 2007 1:29:44 pm
  • It was actually storing them all, just not displaying them all. I have fixed it now and it should be on all servers within an hour.

• Posted: January 15, 2007 1:49:51 pm
  • it is already working.

glad it was not that much of a problem after all.

thank you, that was realy quick.
  • Posted: January 15, 2007 2:51:40 pm
  • You are the shizzle Doughizzle.

Keep the good things coming, and do not dare think we do not appreciate what you have accomplished and given to this great little community of ours.
  • Posted: January 15, 2007 6:04:01 pm
  • Will we still get points for submitting information?

thank you again formaintaining this amazing site.
  • Posted: January 16, 2007 8:05:22 am
  • That is my question as well.

I submitted some info for the 'Aliens: Colonial Marines" series, #4-7 and while I do see the changes are showing and I am credited under the 'Stats' category, I did not see a change in my points this morning...

Hmmmmmmm...... Think
    "It must be Thursday...I never could quite get the hang of Thursdays..." - Arthur Dent
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 138 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Blackbox Comics's Bio-Mechs Issue # 1e
  • Viz Media's Snowball Earth Soft Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men: Blood Hunt - Laura Kinney the Wolverine Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men: Legacy Issue # 212b