feature requests

Java App Takeover (Comic Book Forums)

• Java App Takeover

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 30, 2014 11:20:37 pm
  • I keep trying to get on the site and my browser is hijacked to this page only when viewing CBR webpage:

http://java-tips.net/ym/us/?aff_sub=taggify-us&aff_sub2=am1&aff_sub3=

My java is fully updated and verified at their site independently even though this is telling me to install an exe file that attempts to download from the above...

Was forced off the forums twice and the issue data entering window for the link above...
  • Posted: July 1, 2014 8:22:11 am
  • No clue what that is. What browser are you using? Can you try "incognito" mode?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 1, 2014 12:47:17 pm
  • Looks like you need to check your browser for a Proxy setting that some malware may have slipped in there. If no proxy, then it may have redirected your DNS. I've seen stuff like this before, run some virus scans in Safe Mode if possible, running in normal mode may not work if the malware has disabled your AV software. It is odd that it would only be when on CBR, usually if it is malware related it will affect virtually all web browsing.

You may have some luck if you can get the Task Manager open and find running programs that don't look familiar, but that is easier if you have an idea of what is normally running day-to-day.

Good luck.
    Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on: we set up your computers, we deliver your email, we connect your calls, we backup your files, we guard your networks while you sleep. Do not %@&# with us. - paraphrased from Fight Club

• Posted: July 2, 2014 9:18:04 pm
  • DB and I just talked about this. Dont run the download. Other than that, itll be resolved soon
  • Posted: July 2, 2014 9:21:19 pm
  • Looks like it was a bad ad that slipped into the system that would show up randomly. It should be gone by now.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 2, 2014 9:29:39 pm
  • Seemed like it had been injected into the site as it showed up for me at work today as well...
  • Posted: July 2, 2014 9:31:42 pm
  • It isn't injected into the site. If that was the case it would happen all the time. It is an ad (in the 300x250 box) that once served in the iframe redirects the site to there page where if you click on the buttons they will install their adware.

• Posted: July 2, 2014 10:04:35 pm
  • So they get it fixed and now it is in the next in chain network. Since it is so late and no one is there I have just turned off ads for the night. I can't remember the last time ad networks had this happen. Sorry for the problems.

• Posted: July 3, 2014 9:21:18 am
  • Thanks for keeping on top of things DB!
  • Posted: July 3, 2014 9:59:07 am
  • I have turned the ads back on. I haven't heard from them but I haven't experienced the bad ad again. Please let me know if it happens again.

14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 8
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113e
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 111b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 1b