feature requests

Ad takeover (Comic Book Forums)

• Ad takeover

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 22, 2014 8:05:28 pm
  • This week ComicBooKRealm will be "taken over" by an advertiser for May 27th - May 31st. The only difference you will notice between then and now is that instead of varied ads like you see now it will all be the same advertiser. Because of the length and the potential revenue we are asking for your help during this time to increase our pageviews.

So we are going to double all contribution points for each item. We are asking for your help in not only improving our database but also to increase the page views. We need help making sure as many comics as possible have a cover date, cover price, and the ISBN/UPC if available. Other things that can be added are characters, contributors, the story title, story description, and if a newer comic the estimated print run.

Your support and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

(Oh...and unfortunately the ad will only be for US residents, but everyone still gets double credit)

Last edited May 25, 2014 4:31:33 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 23, 2014 9:32:59 am
  • Sounds great, Dough Boy! As long as the ad doesn't interfere with the site functionality, I'm all for it. I came here to comment on this, and I had to refresh the page 5 times before the ACDelco ad moved to the gutter so I could hit the post reply button.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: May 23, 2014 10:06:12 am
  • It will look just like it does now but all be the same ad. Not sure why it took 5 refreshes to get it to move, maybe it was cached on your computer. At least once it "moves" it shouldn't interfere anymore.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: May 23, 2014 10:11:46 am
  • Yup. It's off to the side now. It was a weird thing. All good now!
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: May 28, 2014 7:49:31 pm
  • Sweet! Not only I'm not seeing the ad but I am also earning double points!!
  • Posted: May 28, 2014 7:55:08 pm
  • Yeah...it is just easier to reward everyone. Smile

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Astro City: MetroBook TPB # 5
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 5b
  • Evoluzione Publishing's Ma’ari Issue # 3
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's MoMo: The Blood Taker Soft Cover # 8