Question from a newbie (Comic Book Forums)

• Question from a newbie

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 2, 2006 12:05:04 pm
  • Ok as a collector in training i dont mind asking a stupid question about how to enter issue info.
    There are only 3 choices given when you select a contributor artist, writer, and cover.
    But inside the cover there are more choices than that so while writer is labeled as such what else is artist known as, inker? penciler?or lettering and coloring? and where do i find the cover info if the artist did not sign it somewhere?
    Twisted Evil Please help AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
  • Posted: November 2, 2006 12:11:19 pm
  • Those are pretty good questions.

1. Artist is almost always the Penciler. The other items, i.e. inker, coloring, etc, all fill in the artwork of the penciler.
    2. Most covers are autographed by the artist. If you cannot find it, or it is not legible (able to discern who it is), google and comics.org are your friends. If the issue in question is newer, then you could also look at the publishers website.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: November 2, 2006 2:29:47 pm
  • thanks for the lesson
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Annihilation 2099 Issue # 2
  • Inhabit Education Books Inc.'s Mangilaluk: A graphic memoir about friendship, perseverance, and resiliency TPB # 1
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's Monolith Issue # 3
  • Kodansha Comics's Parasyte Hard Cover # 7