March Madness 2013 (Comic Book Forums)

• March Madness 2013

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 30, 2013 7:38:57 am
  • ROFL, well there went my chance when Miami went down.

Its only a matter of time now before I sink like a rock.
    I celebrate myself, And what I assume you shall assume. For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you. -Walt Whitman
  • Posted: March 31, 2013 10:03:05 am
  • well, i'm done.
  • Posted: March 31, 2013 10:20:54 am
  • This cant be right?
    Well, it looks like it comes down to the Duke Louisville game.

Even so, Db has over 600 PPR.

This has to be the oddest Tourney I have ever seen.

Congrats DB!
    I celebrate myself, And what I assume you shall assume. For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you. -Walt Whitman
  • Posted: March 31, 2013 11:07:49 am
  • I need a Duke and Florida victory today...then I need Duke to win out and I might win...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 31, 2013 1:15:55 pm
  • Yea, I think you have this DB. You have too much gas (PPR) in the tank. heh

Wish more could have played. I think this could be a really cool idea for an annual event. I think though next time we go with 3 comics of NM condition. I think more folks may be more apt to give up their preciousnessesss'.

I love Fantasy Sports of all flavors. If anyone is interested maybe we could have a Fantasy Football private league and put comics up the prizes. If everyone gives 3 comics, everyone who participates can get a comic. Those at the bottom would only get one while the winners would get multiple books.

We could do baseball as well, but not sure there are many more MLB enthusiasts like myself... let alone the daily grind of Fantasy Baseball. But I love it.

Anyways, just throwing out some idea's for those that have a Fantasy Sports interest.

Q
  • Posted: April 10, 2013 5:51:49 pm
  • Congrats to McBriggs on the CBR Tourney.

Looks like it was the Louisville Invitational after all... I thought for sure that chalk wasnt going to win this year.

Hey DB and 1573, I think I held you guys off for the CBR Prize Division win.

Would definitely like to do something like this again.

• Posted: April 23, 2013 1:28:49 am
  • Hey, been out of commission for about a week and had wanted to do something for the winners of the Tournament even though they did not participate in the prize category.

I also would like to thank dough boy and 1573 for offering up some dynamite books.

Now... seeing how generous db and 1573 were with their books...and I actually finished 19th Embarassed Whistle ... I would like to offer up a consolation prize to the top three finishers in the Tournament. Applause

1st Place: 1300pts McBriggs88
    2nd Place: 1230pts Johnny Dangerously
    3rd Place: 1180pts Spankmeuniversity (... I really appreciate the Honor of actually typing Spankmeuniversity, my family thanks you for giving me this honor.) Very Happy

So, to be fair, McBriggs88 will get first shot of the book he wants and postage is on me for all three winners. Once McB has his pick I will PM John and ask for his request.... and so on with Spankme (... sheer bliss).

The book doesn't have to be what was in the pile, which are listed in the OP. You can also send me a few requests with Character's you like or certain series ... different ages, etc. I am Marvel heavy but, have a good range of SA Marvel and DC books before the expanded catalog. (Strange Adventures, Tales of Suspense, etc).

I am open for a dialog to maybe fill a gap in your collection... with in reason. Just need an idea of what you need and like.

I had a good deal of fun with the Tournament. I guess its my way of extending the goodness. Hope it isnt too corny for the hard core geeks (a term I use with Distinction and Reverence).

Anyways, Congratulations to the real winners of the Tourney. What a crazy run.

17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 132 days, 22 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Dark Knights of Steel: Allwinter Issue # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Masterworks: The Defenders Hard Cover # 8b
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel: Zero Issue # 1c
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Issue # 1stashhhloot-f