feature requests

For Sale items issue? (Comic Book Forums)

• For Sale items issue?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 3:30:17 pm
  • DB I just discovered an issue as I am going in to price items for the Tampa Con. I put a sale price on items so I can export a list with Value, Sale Price and Price Paid, to check them off as I sell them or use it to negotiate. I do move the items into a special pile to make it easy to print the specific list. The special pile is marked "N" to share. But the items are appearing in my Sale list!

Is this an error? Or is it an easy fix to eliminate Piles marked 'do not share' from the Sale list?

I can leave off the sale price and put in on the Excel after I download it. That would eliminate the issue, but if I decide to add more or remove some from the pile, I have to redo all the sell prices, so would rather keep it online until after the Con.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 6:05:23 pm
  • Yeah...the reason that they are showing up on your sell list is because they have an asking price. It doesn't make sense normally to have an asking price, but not wanting people to know. Laughing

I will see if I can think of something.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 6:42:42 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Yeah...the reason that they are showing up on your sell list is because they have an asking price. It doesn't make sense normally to have an asking price, but not wanting people to know. Laughing

I will see if I can think of something.

On the other hand, it doesn't make sense to list them if they are not marked to share... WinkWhistle
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 7:08:45 pm
  • But why would "you" mark a comic for sale if it wasn't for sale on the site? WinkThink
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: March 18, 2013 11:20:47 am
  • dough boy said:
    But why would "you" mark a comic for sale if it wasn't for sale on the site? WinkThink

See the above explanation. Preparing for Tampa Con. d'oh!
  • Posted: March 18, 2013 1:07:09 pm
  • Yeah I know that...but if you are willing to sell it, having it public on here only offers you more "eyes". You can always decline their offer right?

• Posted: March 19, 2013 11:26:51 am
  • Yes, I suppose so. Just never had a great deal of luck selling stuff via CBR. And I didn't want to really sell it until maybe after the Con.

I do have inflated prices on The Walking Dead for the Tampa Con, mainly because the actor that portrays Maggie will be there signing autographs. But I guess if someone wants to buy at those prices, who am I to refuse? Whistle
  • Posted: March 23, 2013 12:17:48 pm
  • LOL. Jokes on me. I re-discovered that the Sell Price does not export anyway! So a moot point, I'll have to add the Sell prices manually after I download the Pile anyway! d'oh!
  • Posted: March 23, 2013 12:19:03 pm
  • Even when you export the sell list?

• Posted: March 23, 2013 1:16:01 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Even when you export the sell list?

No, didn't try that because I like to export and print the list to go with a specific box of comics. That way I can mark off the list ones sold at the Con and remove them from my CBR inventory.
  • Posted: March 23, 2013 1:34:01 pm
  • Ah...so I should add the pile the comic is in to the sell list export?

• Posted: March 26, 2013 9:37:14 am
  • dough boy said:
    Ah...so I should add the pile the comic is in to the sell list export?

No, it's fine the way it is, at least for me. I just need to make manual changes to my Excel.
  • Posted: March 27, 2013 12:45:21 am
  • STARTING now in 2013, you can become apart of a new generation of comic books!

Ascendant Comics, a Houston Texas based comic book company presents The Concord.

An intergalactic organization of superheroes have been shattered by a devastating alien invasion. Now the remaining heroes must fight for the survival of their world and their lives.

A brutal, superhero epic for fans of The Avengers, The Justice League, X-Men and Kickass.

http://www.ascendantcomics.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialAscendantComics
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's DC Universe by Dwayne McDuffie  Hard Cover # 1
  • PS Artbooks's PS Artbooks: Green Lama Facsimile Edition Issue # 7
  • Image Comics's The Infernals Issue # 1d
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 4