feature requests

Scanning UPC's (Comic Book Forums)

• Scanning UPC's

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 4, 2012 9:13:34 am
  • So I am investigating the feasibility of scanning UPC's to aid in entry. I need people with smart phones (or devices like tablets/iPod touches to test it out. At this time I am just trouble shooting...it is a long way off from being a reality.

Enter your Carrier (i.e. Sprint/Verizon), and your Device (i.e. iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy III). If your device is not on a carrier and is Wifi only, just put "Wifi". Then you will get a button that says scan. If you don't have the scanner installed you should be prompted to install it. Come back to the link above if needed and continue.

Please attempt on as many devices as you own. Please try to scan at least 10 different books. If you have any questions please let me know.

You should only have to enter

Last edited July 16, 2019 9:05:25 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: November 4, 2012 10:32:20 am
  • Tried but said no scans needed
    Http://www.comicsheatingup.net
    www.facebook.com/comicsheatingup
  • Posted: November 4, 2012 10:46:39 am
  • Yeah...I was trying to figure out where the "bug" is...but it apparently is with the vendor. I am checking with them to see if it is something they can (or will) address.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: November 4, 2012 11:14:46 am
  • It looks like we might eventually be able to use a smart phone/device to allow the entry/lookup of comic books. The hold up at this point is the service we would use currently only returns the series...not the actual issue.

Also, this would only work for books that have had their UPC successfully stored in the database. So if you are interested in this feature you should start helping out by adding UPC's for all books you have (will help out others).

4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Massive Publishing's Crashdown Issue # 3b
  • DC Comics's Detective Comics Issue # 1083c
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 167
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 4